Chapter 31

IZZY

I stumbled out if the maze and fell onto the hard ground. It was only a matter of seconds that it took Newt to get over to me. I knew I looked like klunk, but I couldn't help it. Boys crowded around Newt and I.

"I- I was st-stung," I managed to get out.

Newt's eyes widened and he picked me up bridal style for the second time, "You're never running again,"

"Newt, no," I whispered in pain.

"I don't want you getting hurt again, Izzy," Newt whispered with a tear rolling down his cheek. I knew he hated seeing me hurt, but running made me happy.

I screamed in pain knowing that I was going to black out in seconds, "Newt, I love you."

"I love you, too." He whispered still crying. I blacked out watching him cry.

NEWT

I picked up Izzy and made my way to the Homestead. I was so upset. The person I loved most in the world was in pain. This was horrible.

"You're never running again," I told her even though I knew she would protest.

She was so frail and weak, but she managed to mutter, "Newt, no,"

I knew that running made her happy and all, but I hated seeing her in so much pain like this. I tried to hold the tears in, but I couldn't. Tears started streaming down my cheeks. What if the serum doesn't work? What if we have to banish her like we did Ben?

"I don't want you getting hurt again, Izzy," I told her still sobbing.

"Newt, I love you." She whispered as if those were her last words, but they won't be... I won't let them.

"I love you, too," I whispered back before she blacked out.

I put her on the cot she slept on last night, and Jeff came over with the serum and injected it into her. She stirred a little, but still stayed asleep.

I was never stung, but I knew it hurt. She started screaming in her sleep, and she screamed loud.

Cam came running in and sighed, "Is she going to be okay?"

"She should be, unless the serum doesn't work on her and we have to banish her like Ben," I answered, "Does Minho know?"

"No, I'll go tell him now." She replied before running off to find Minho. I sat by her and held her hand which made her calm a bit.

She mumbled, "Everything's going to change."