Chapter 41

NEWT

I knelt down next to an unconscious Alby. He was still breathing, but he had a wound on his forehead.

Winston came over with a rag and handed it to me, "I found him like this and went to get a rag for his forehead."

I nodded and took the rag from him. I knelt down beside Alby and examined his forehead. The gash was pretty deep, and blood was seeping from both sides. I started cleaning the blood, and a crowd formed around us which soon, included Tommy.

I heard Minho and Tommy going back and forth until eventually, Minho yelled, "Newt!"

I stood up and refolded the rag to find a white spot, "Yeah?"

Minho pointed to Alby, "Let the Med-jacks take care of him. We need to talk."

I handed the rag to Lee and instructed him to find a Med-Jack to take care of Alby.

I followed them, and Cam met up with me about halfway there, "Hey, Newt."

"Hi," I mumbled. I wasn't really in a good mood at the moment with all of the klunk happening, and I was worried about Izzy.

She noticed my grim expression and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I'm stressed and worried about Izzy," I replied truthfully.

She smiled and put her arm on my shoulders, "C'mon Newt. She'll be fine. She's always unconscious."

Before I knew what was happening, Cam was pulled away and thrown onto the ground. I looked over to see Izzy standing there with anger written all over her face.

IZZY

I woke up on the floor in the Homestead where I was knocked out last night by Gally. I seriously wanted to kill him.

I stretched and stood up. I lifted my shirt to see the large, purple bruises of where Gally kicked the crap out of me. I sighed and dropped my shirt back down to hang on my thin body.

I got up and walked out into the Glade to find Newt. I looked around, and my eyes rested on Cam with her arm around Newt. This filled me with anger.

I ran over there, pulled Cam off of Newt, and threw her in the ground. Newt looked at me with shock, and Cam breathed heavily.

"What the shuck, Cam?" I screamed, and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me.

"Izzy, I-" she started but I cut her off.

"No! Just because you're having relationship problems right now, doesn't mean that can steal Newt from me you slinthead!" Tears were running down my cheeks, "I thought we were friends!"

Newt put a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it off, "Izzy-"

"Newt, don't talk to me right now," I replied in a shaky voice.

Then, I went running into the Deadheads to my special stream. I sat there and cried for a really long time. My best friend was trying to steal Newt from me. What the shuck?

NEWT

I desperately wanted to run after Izzy when she ran away crying, but I had bigger things to deal with.

Cam was sitting there crying, and I helped her up.

She sniffled, "I'm sorry. I messed everything up with your girlfriend."

I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair, "It's not your fault. Look, I'm really busy, so we'll talk later."

"Okay," she smiled and walked away.

Minho and Thomas came over to me, and Minho sighed, "I'm sorry, man."

"It's okay. I think you're having a bigger relationship problem than me," I explained.

Minho ran a hand through his hair and sighed again, "I think Cam and I need to break up soon. It's just not working out between us."

Tommy patted his back, "If you do want to break up with her, then do it carefully. Girls have tender feelings."

"Let's get back to business," I interrupted with a heavy heart.