Chapter 11: The Hues of the guest room

The rest of my weekend consisted of a rotation between the movie room, guest room, bathroom, and work. Sam wouldn't let me cook anything for myself while she was home because I was too "fragile". I hadn't really slept much because anytime I did I would find myself reliving that terrible moment. I watched the sun rise through my window as I sat up out of bed and moved into the hanging chair to watch out the window. Sam was lucky, behind her house and all others it seemed, was nothing but forest. Somewhere I long and love to be. I sat there in my thoughts for what felt like two minutes before I smelt coffee. Sam was at work so I grabbed my taser out of my backpack pocket and started downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw Bryce standing there making coffee with Luke. They must've heard me walking in because they both turned and looked at me surprised. 

"uh- hi?" I said a little confused, "no offense but what are you guys in Sam's house at," I looked at the time on the microwave, "nine in the morning? and while Sams not here?" Bryce scratched the back of his neck and looked at Luke, who was still looking at me. We stood in silence for a moment, I raised my eyebrows and gave them both a pointed look. "well?"

"Sam asked us to meet her here, she should be home from work any moment now. Said we were gonna help you get some clothes from your place?" I nodded.

"Okay but I have class tod-"

"Skip." Luke said. His gaze on me still having not broken. "You're already late."

Luke had just finished his sentence as Sam walked in through the door. She looked between me and the boys then to my hand holding the taser and scoffed. "So are you guys going to give her a cup of coffee or are you just going to let her stand there waiting ?" I looked up and started laughing at what she said. Bryce quickly turned and started to pour me a cup. I added a little creamer and walked to the couch in the living room and sat down to drink it. Luke came and sat next to me while Sam and Bryce stayed behind in the kitchen. He looked over to me. 

"Are you okay?" He said with a genuine concern.

"I will be. I know I seem like a little dramatic baby but its only been a year. That was her couch, she picked that one out for our family years ago and we got to take it when we moved out. Its not even the seeing him with a new chick, its the combination of everything the last two weeks." My dried out eyes had produced a single tear. I felt his warm hand wipe the tear away from my cheek and him scoot closer to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gave me a warm embrace. I took a sip of my coffee and just stared at the ground while he held me. It didn't last too long because Sam had walked in and sat on the carpet in front of us despite the variety of seating she had in the room. 

"I figured we could run over there and get some of your stuff and you can stay with my the rest of this week until you feel comfortable going back?" I nodded and went upstairs to get myself ready.

  We had all loaded up into Lukes SUV and headed over to my house. Thankfully as we pulled up, Adams car was gone. We all walked to the door and I unlocked it as Luke walked in first placing my behind him in some kind of defensive stance. Everyones expression turned from neutral to disgusted the second we walked in. It smelled like BO and death in here. As I walked past the living room to get to my room I noticed the three day old spaghetti stain on Daisy's couch. He didn't even clean the noodles up. I walked into my room grabbed a bag of clothes, hair and skin care, and my weighted blanket. I locked my bedroom door and we started to leave the house. Adams car pulled into the driveway as we were walking out, he hopped out of his car quickly and tried to come over and talk to me but Luke and Bryce stopped him by each grabbing an arm of his. Luke looked like he was about to beat Adams face in.

"Liza, in the car quickly please." Sam said ushering me into the front seat while taking my bag and throwing it into the back seat with her. I could hear Adam begging to talk to me behind the large men and Luke tossed Adam to Bryce like he weighed nothing and started the car. Bryce tossed Adam to the ground and walked back to the car and we drove off without me having to say a word to him. Luke turned to me while we were driving,

"I have someone who could clean that couch and make it look brand new again. I can have them pick it up this week and done by next." he said giving me gentle smile. I nodded in response as he turned his attention back to the road. My phone started to vibrate, I pulled it out of my pocket and saw it was a call from Adam. 

Decline.

I sat my phone down on my lap and looked out of the window as we pulled up to the speaker outside the gates. Luke rolled his window down and clicked the green button but instead of a man asking questions, the gate just clicked right open and he drove through. We got to Sam's place and Luke tried to carry my bag for me.

"I got it." I said as I grabbed it from him. "Id like to take a shower anyways." He nodded and handed the strap to me. 

"If you need anything we'll be down here." He said as he watched me trudge up the stairs. I tossed the bag onto my bed and unzipped it as I looked for my grey sweatpants and black cropped tank top. I grabbed my clothes and hair and skin care stuff and started the shower. I let the hot water fall on my skin while flashbacks of Daisy started to pop up in my head. I stood there for a while until I heard a knock on the door, 

"Liza? Are you okay babes? you've been in there for an hour and a half." I pulled my head out from under the running water and wiped the wetness off of my face. 

"Yeah sorry I hadn't realized I'd been in here that long. I'll be out soon." I heard Sam muffle an okay and listened as her foot steps walked away. I quickly washed my hair and body and hopped out. I put the product in my hair and threw my clothes on, I walked into my room and grabbed a pair of fuzzy socks and slipped them on before heading downstairs. The three of them were in the kitchen each doing a different task, Sam was cutting vegetables, Luke was putting condiments on multiple bread slices, and Bryce was cutting some ham and cheese into slices. Luke looked up as soon as I came into sight and stopped what he was doing and walked over to me. He looked down at me and grabbed the side of my face, I felt a tingling sensation as his skin touched mine. He leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips and leaded me into the kitchen with them.

"Do you have a preference on what you like on your sandwich?" I shook my head no and he sat me onto the counter and let me watch while they finished making the sandwiches.