Chapter 10: The Hues of spaghetti and meatballs

I pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant at 7:58. My eyes scanned the full lot for Adams car but didn't see it anywhere, so I went ahead and walked in and got us a table. I sat there patiently for about five minutes then decided I'd text Luke to pass the time.

To Luke: Hey :) how are the meetings going?

Delivered

I slicked my phone off and looked around to see if Adam had come in and not see me. DING.

Luke: We just finished our last meeting of the day. Only two tomorrow. How were your classes today? 

To Luke: Classes were fun I had to stay late though and catch up on some work :p

Luke:  Thats a bummer! Good news though, I will be headed back earlier than I had thought. I'll be back on Monday, can I see you then?

To Luke: Are you asking me on a date? :)

Luke: Maybe ;)

I had started to respond when I heard someone clear their throats above me. I look up to see an annoyed waitress holding a notepad and pen. "Can I get you anything to start off with? An Appetizer, drink, anything?" 

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll go ahead and get a glass of your house wine please." She jotted my words onto her paper and turned on her way to the kitchen. I checked the time on my phone, 8:20. This was weird, I pulled the phone app up and clicked on Adams contact to call him. 

Th phone rang twice then to voice mail, weird. I called again, straight to voicemail. Maybe his phone died. I decide to text him and let him know I had a table and I said delivered. Something is up, it wouldn't have delivered if his phone had died. I started to play a game on my phone when the server came back with my drink.

 "Thank you." I said as she set it down in front of me.

"Were you ready to order or were you waiting on someone?" I checked my phone time again and sighed.

"Well I was waiting on someone but he's about thirty minutes late so I'll go ahead and just get spaghetti and meatballs to go. Could you bring me my check as well please?" She nodded and left for the kitchen again. I finished my wine off in two gulps and signaled for the server. She walked over quickly and raised her eyebrows waiting for my question. "Can I actually get a bottle of this to go as well?" she nodded, "Thank you" I said smiling. She returned shortly with my bill and the togo order, I handed her $45 and left. 

   As I pulled into the driveway I saw Adams car. I walked to the door and noticed it was unlocked and almost every light was on, I walked further into the house and saw two bodies on the couch. He was in here with some chick naked, on my sisters couch. I dropped the bottle of wine that was in my hand and opened the to-go box of spaghetti and tossed it on top of the pair. I heard a screech and Adam yell, "What the actual hell Liza?" he stood up. The only thing blocking his disgusting man parts were the noddles and meat balls that had been tossed onto them. I turned and ran back to my car, too tired to handle this today. 

  Once I had reached my car I drove to the park in the neighborhood and called Sam.

"Hello?" A groggy Sam answered, "Liza what wrong? and Where are you?" A tear escaped my eye as she finished.

"Sam can I please come stay with you? I just walked in on Adam on my sisters couch." I heard a gasp and the ding on my phone almost right after. I looked at the notification and it was a message from Sam with her address on it. "Thank you."

"I'll set up my guest room babes." I hung up and started to head her way.

    I pulled up to her neighborhood and it was guarded with  these big metal gates. I looked to both sides of the gates and read the name, SilverTimber. Interesting. I pulled up the speaker thingy and pressed the green button, shortly after a scruffy man answered. 

"Name?" 

"Uh- Liza?"

"Full name please?"

"Liza Cash Renoldii."

"Are you visiting someone?"

"uh yes? I think I may have the wrong neighborhood though, Sam? Samantha Reyes?" I heard a buzz then a click as the gates started to open. "Thank you!" I yelled as I started to drive through. I drove through a woodsy path for about five minutes until houses started to appear. These houses were all huge and each different styles. I took my first right hoping to end up at Sams house because my maps had only taken me to the gates. I drove for a bit and rounded the corner  as I saw Sam standing in a driveway go a two story black and grey brick house. I parked my car and followed her in. "Why didn't you tell me you lived in the middle of nowhere surrounded by giant beautiful houses?" She laughed and closed the door behind us.

"Its kind of a tight knit community too." She giggled and took my backpack from me and nodded for me to follow her up the stairs. "You're welcome to stay as long as you want. The bathroom is right outside your door to the left, it has spare toothbrushes, tooth paste, and all other essential bathroom needs. If you need to barrow clothes just let me know girl and I got you." She opened the door at the end of the hall and stepped in. I stopped and stared for a second to admire how beautiful the room was, everything was white grey and green. She had a couple of hanging plants and one of those cool hanging knitted chairs. She turned to me after setting my bag down and laughed. "I'm serious. As long as you need, if you want Bryce and I can go with you to get anything you need from your room so you don't have to be alone around him. But he doesn't get back until Monday." I smirked at her

"Ohh things are getting serious between you and Mr. Bryce now are they?" I said wiggling my eyebrows at her, "And thats okay, I might just ask Luke to come with me to get my stuff." I smiled at her kind gestures and she smiled back. 

"Well are you hungry? I was about to whip something up for dinner and pop bottle of wine open." I nodded and followed her into the kitchen. She started moving around in the kitchen and I got up to help her but she shooed me out of the kitchen. "Please Liza, you've had a rough day let me take care of you." she said with a lighthearted laugh. 

  When she was done she came out with two plates full of cheese stuffed chicken with salad and squash on the side. She placed the plates on the table and opened the wine. I took a bite and started to ask her why she didn't open up a full blown restaurant instead of just smoothies but decided the food was too good to stop and ask such a question. 

   We had finished off the bottle of wine by the time the dishes were washed and went into her movie room. She had a projector set up and about six recliners, three in each row. I went and sat on one and she came over with blankets and another bottle of wine and started a Harry Potter marathon.