12. Sin city and hidden truths

VARYNUS GALYNER'S POV

We drove back to Fremont Street. Jonathan took the wheels and the rest of my men drove behind us.

If answers for what had happened exist, then they lay at the area around the scene of the crime.

I didn't deserve to loss my brother this way.

Somebody needs to pay.

Jonathan is by my side, driving full speed ahead, "Who was assigned to deal with preparations for Nicholas' funeral?" I asked him.

"Nothing's been made clear yet, but I believe it's my mother." Jonathan replied.

That's comforting news.

Aunt Virginia is a kind hearted woman, a trait that comes rarely in this family despite all the good we do for Las Vegas. And she was close with Nick. They truly cared for each other, that's why Nick has always been more close with Jonathan and treated him like a brother.

His death hurts us all.

But I can't imagine how much it's tormenting Jonathan. Everything that he's learned and who he has become is because of my brother. We joke around about how Nick actually raised Jonathan but it's very true. From the day he was born, Nick has always been on Nathan's side. He would do anything for this boy.

My phone begins to ring and despite not wanting to pick it up, I do. It's coming from our head quarters and is most likely extremely important I respond. Nobody ever calls me from the HQ unless it's critical.

"Boss, we have some news that could led us to the men responsible for the Fremont tragedy." Kennedy reports. "The bullets used to kill Nicholas are labeled SW, if I'm not mistaken these initials belong to a man who calls himself the Silver wheels, he supplies weapons here in Vegas directly from the black market. Nobody knows his actual identify nor his location. He's like a ghost. His face remains a mystery. But if we find him, we can find out who he sold these bullets to.......our actual target."

Silver wheels.

This name is familiar to me.

Where did I come across it?

"Jonathan, were you present at my engagement ceremony in Greece?"

He looked at me, "I almost forgot you're engaged actually, until I saw Claudia Americano tonight in Nick's hospital room."

The mention of that woman's name always strikes a nerve.

"But yes, I was present that day." He said.

"Do you remember the woman Claudia's father came with, her name?"

Mister Laurent Ameriano, my father's closest associate and the soul owner of the Ameriano fortune. He has many wives, usually Claudia's mother would be the one escorting him to serious acquaintances but during his daughter's engagement ceremony Ameriano came with another woman. A younger girl, perhaps in her early twenties but not any of his wives. She would talk often with Nicolas and they even sat together instead of their spouses, he mentioned they knew each other. And in one of their conversations the name Silver Wheels was involved. I remember overhearing SW.