9. Sin city and deep betrayals

PARIS KILLIAN'S POV

May be I was going through some derealization because I couldn't care any less about the million dollar emerald topaz encrusted vase at the high hall that  everybody in the room was staring at from a distance. My mind was in a dark haze as I tried to process the fact that I'm actually inside this place. I felt like I was losing my mind, staring at myself from the outside and being terrified for my sake. The mansion gave me shivers especially because of the deadly Aura within the air.

Infact, if I wasn't so jet lagged may be I would marvel at the true magnificent beauty of the Galyner massive mansion instead of just standing here nonchalantly and unmoved  amongst the crowd of new staff as Jared addressed us in the servant quarters.

"Now that I've made everything clear to you, it's time to hand over your belongings." Jared concluded with his rusty Californian accent.

What does he mean by that?

I turned to the tall lean Brunette middle aged man beside me, "I wasn't paying full attention but why does Jared want us to give him our stuff?"

He whispered back to me , "Nothing from the outside is allowed in the mansion. We give him everything. And it's Sir Jared, not just Jared."

I really don't care about his title right now, Malcolm didn't mention anything about our stuff getting confiscated.

"When do we get them back?"

"After the shifts." He replied while the rest of staff began handing their things over to Jared's assistant.

"And when is that?"

The man stared at me in bewilderment but still responded with no judgement, "Tuesday and piece of advice, next time read  the job description before applying. Everything's in the contract."

Did I hear that right? 

Malcolm said nothing about sleeping here for three days. I need to go home, I also must check on Lana. This isn't good. I tried not to seem too startled in favor of not blowing my cover but this is fucked up. Lana will for sure go to my place If she doesn't hear anything from me in a day especially after all that happened. What if Malcolm does something to her? What if she finds out about Fredrick? Or worse, what if she becomes a hostage too or murdered?

I pull myself together instantly before I start losing my wits here and expose myself.

" We're working in shifts of three days, followed by a single day break then we're back here for three other days." The man clarified.

No!

Fuck.

Malcolm tricked me that manipulative shameless piece of shit. He sure as hell enjoys deceiving me.

I waste no time in handing my purse over and grabbing my uniform in the process, then I return to my previous standing position.

"Vincent will give you a tour of the mansion and each staff will be allocated on their respective sectors. You're only required to move around in your area of work and not anywhere else, I hope that's clear."

Noted.

"Paris Killian." Jared called out and his loud raised voice took me off guard. "Step forward."