My Tortured Past- Chapter 11

So I'm outside PalmWest high school.

Why did I come here you ask?

I could ask myself the same question. I wasn't even thinking after I ate I kinda just ran out to my bike and followed the address, so here I am leaning against the brick wall starring at the school in front of me.
It looked a lot nicer than the one I went to in LA. A lot nicer. But then again I did live in a pretty shit area so that's understandable.

God why the hell am I here! I kept repeating in my head. There's no way in hell am I going to school, no way, I didn't come here to go to school. I came here to be free and being in school is the opposite of being free more like being trapped in hell with all the bitchy people walking around acting like they own the place.

I heard a bell ring. Guessing that meant it was time for their break, I watched as the school yard became full of people but these people were all talking and not slapping each other, laughing instead of killing each other on the ground, blonde popular girls that were wearing glasses on their noses instead of a huge sticker on their forehead saying " one night stands ". I looked at everyone with my jaw dropped and my eyes almost popping out of my head. Is this actually real?! Wow this place makes my school look like a shit hole. Mainly because it was but still. I was amazed.

"Following me now, are we petal?" I groaned and turned around to see that Brody was standing there with two other guys behind him. Not going to lie but he looked hot, wearing ripped washed out jeans with a with T-shirt and black beanie covering his head but only a few strands of his gorgeous hair was falling out of it.

"I'm not following you, you keep stalking me" I snapped.

"I don't know if you realise this princess, but I go to school here" he smirked at me.
"I don't know if you realise this asswipe, but your a jackass"
His two friends behind Brody started smiling at me and looked at Brody, waiting for him to make a sly comment but instead he said.
" you joining here?"

I laughed coldly. " no way in hell am I joining this school, or any school in fact."
I saw Brody's eyes shift to something behind me then his gaze landed back on me and he smiled.
"We'll I think your about to flower"
"What are yo-"
"Ah, you must be Miss. Indica. Your aunt Kate called and told me you'd be visiting today to join, please follow me" some middle aged women grabbed my wrist and pulled me with her inside the school doors.
I looked back at Brody to see him laughing at me. Asshole.

I got pulled into a small office and the women sat down in her desk chair.
"Please sit" she insisted
"Actually I wasn't staying, just looking around" I tried to tell her
"Non sense your Aunt Kate called and arranged it all for you. Now please sit." She pointed to the chair.
"Don't think so. See ya" I replied
" now stop acting like a child and sit down Miss Indica please. Other wise I will have to call your uncle"

I froze in my footsteps, Kate didn't know the reason I was here, she doesn't know what my uncle did to me and so she's clueless. I bit my tongue stopping myself from snapping at her. Instead I decided to play nice innocent Aira and did as she said.

"Right, thank you. Now I have your schedule here and first period is maths, I have assigned Mr. Cotter here to take care of you for today" she smiled and handed me my schedule. I stood up, turning on my head and gave Mr. Cotter a death glare. Of course it had to be bloody Brody Cotter taking me around this school.

I ignored him and walked straight head, I heard him call after me and run by my side.

"Not so fast flower. Remember I'm looking after you today" he slung his heavy arm around my shoulder. I pushed his arm off me and glared at him.
"Three things. One: Don't Touch Me! Two: stop calling me flower and Three: you are not LOOKING AFTER ME, I don't NEED people taking care of me. Now show me the way to this fricking math room, before I snap your neck" I snapped at him, my voice echoing down the halls.
"Feisty. I like it" he looked me in the eye. " this way, come on"

------------------------------------------

Hell.

That was the best word to sum up this day.

Hell.

Brody didn't leave me alone for two minuets and even stood outside the girls bathroom when I went in. God knows how many times I told him to get lost. But of course he didn't.
And do you know what even better?
He's in most all of my classes?!

I groaned in annoyance and threw another pebble at the sea, the waves crashing gently against my feet. It was around 6:30 and I've been sat on shore line for around two hours now. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back letting the sun soak into my skin.

Beep
Beep
Beep

I felt something vibrate I my short pocket. Digging out my phone I saw it was a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Your hurting me flower.

I already knew it was from Brody but I didn't know how the hell he got my number. No body apart from Kate has it, so how did he get it?

I save his number under the name JerkFace and locked my phone again, setting it on silent and went back to enjoying the sun.

"It's ok to let it go, you don't have to be so afraid" I quietly sang but cringed as I knew those words were lies.

***

"I hate you" I glared at Kate when I saw her walk through the door.

She gently smiled at me.
"You'll thank me one day"

I shook my head at her and watched as she walked to her room. My phone flashed beside me.

JerkFace: ignoring my texts will only make me want you more.

I chuckled and locked my phone again then heading to my room. It was 11:45 now, Kate had to work over time for her new boss so I pretty much just had the house to myself.

Getting changed in some new pants and taking of my killer bra felt amazing after a long day. I put on a sports bra and threw my large t-shirt over my head and climbed into the sheets laying down.
My phone flashed again. Urgh seriously Brody what part of me ignoring you doesn't send a signal to you brain?

JerkFace: i love that oversized t-shirt on you. Shows off your legs;)

I starred at the text in confusion before realisation hit me. I jumped out of bed and ran to my window seat to see Brody standing there with his hands in his pockets. He looked up at me and smiled, signalling for me to open the window but instead I smiled innocently at him then stuck my middle finger up and shut the curtains. Crawling back to my bed.

JerkFace: that wasn't nice flower. See you tomorrow at school;)

I groaned and locked my phone setting an alarm for 9am.
I led down facing the window and closed my eyes.
"Night" i whispered.