My Tortured Past- Chapter 4

It was around 11:30pm when I got back and I saw that my uncles old car was on the lawn.

I walked up to the door to see that it was already open, I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion. When I walked in I saw the drunken man on the floor with a bottle of vodka in his hand. I quietly bent down beside him to see if I could hear if he was still breathing. Unfortunately he was.

I stared at the man in front of me in disgust. He meant nothing to me, and like so many other people, I didn't care about him. I wouldn't of cared if I found him dead right in front of me.

Want to know why?

Because I have lived with this sick and horrible person for 10 years and that's 10 years of beatings, cuts and bruises, stealing medicine from the school, being terrified to walk through a door and see him standing there with some kind of new beating for me. So call me a bitch but I couldn't give a shit about him.

I walked into the living room to grab a night bag, because I defiantly wasn't staying to wait until he wakes ups. I looks behind the sofa and pulled out the bag then headed up stairs to pack some cloths for school tomorrow. I just threw in some jeans and an old t-shirt with my leather jacket.

I quickly took a shower, brushed my teeth and got back changed before heading back downstairs.

"Go die in hell" I whispered in my uncles ear then walked out to my motorbike and drove off into the night.
----------------------------------------------

The cool sea breeze was gently flowing through my hair and it was a full moon, with the stars shining as bright as ever.

I decided to ride back to the hill I was at earlier where I could just be by myself and relax a bit.
I looked at the night sky. I felt tears burning my eyes as I remembered how me and my mom used to drive out at night, to look at the stars and every time we would, my mom used to tell me to make a wish on the brightest star in the sky.

I smiled at the memory, I felt a tear roll down my cheek and instantly I wiped it away. I will not cry, I promised myself that years ago.

I looked at the moon and saw that it was 2am, my mom also taught me how to read the time by looking at the moon, one of the many good experiences I shared with her.
I pulled my jacket out from my bag and saw that something fell out to the pocket.

I gently picked it up and held it in my hand like it was the most valuable thing in the world. I stared at it in shock and I started to get all the amazing feeling inside me. I couldn't believe it, maybe I could escape.

I looked up at the sky. "Thank you" I whispered.

Then looked back down at the plane ticket that would take me to Hawaii tomorrow afternoon at 1:30.
I closed my eyes and led down holding the ticket tightly to my chest.

"Thank you"