My Tortured Past- Chapter 15

///
"Mom?"
"Yes baby?"
"You know I love you, right?" I starred into her chocolate brown eyes in awe. She always did have amazing eyes. "And that I might be a pain in the ass sometimes but I don't mean to be..." Mom's face studied mine, trying to understand why I was saying all this. If only she knew...
"Of course I know that you don't, if I knew you meant it then I would ground you." I chuckled at her silliness. Even though I'm trying to be serious, she can still manage to make it into a joke of some sort.
"Get some sleep baby, you look tired have you been sleeping?" Mom questioned, placing her hand on my forehead, concern flashing through her eyes. "Yeah." Lie number 1000000000. I haven't been able to sleep since i last saw him.

She smiled sweetly at me, kissing my forehead. I raised my hand to her cheek softly stroking my thumb over it, trying to memories every inch of her face.
"Goodnight, I love you." I closed my eyes, hearing moms footsteps get further and further away.
"Love you too baby girl."
///

"Mom?"
Nothing.
How stupid of me, of course she wasn't here.

I felt the weight of Brody on top of me, then I remembered we feel asleep. I looked over to my clock to see that it was 2am. Great, now I'm awake there's no way I'll get back to sleep. I've always been like that thought, if I would wake up in the middle of the night, I could never get back to sleep unless I would of had mom sing to me. That can't happen now.

I looked down at Brody to see his eyes closed, his lips slightly parted and his chocolate hair was falling in front of his eyes. He looked peaceful. His shallow breathing was tickling my neck as he buried his head deeper into my neck. With my fingertips I moved the hair out of his eyes and stroked it back.
"Aria..."
Shit.
"Yeah?"
He shifted his position and moved closer to me if that was even possible.

"How come your still awake?" He groaned.

I sighed, closing my eyes.
"Just.. thinking I guess."
"About what?" He twirled a piece of my hair in between his fingers.
"The dream I just had.. I wish I couldn't have dreams..that I could sleep forever without thinking."
Brody kept quite for a couple seconds, I thought he had fallen back to sleep till he spoke again.

"Why wouldn't you want to dream? When you dream it's almost like an escape from reality. Without dreams everything would be different."

"I have my reasons to not want to dream." He lifted his head and looked at me, those bright crystal blue eyes starring into mine. He's trying to work out my reasons but my walls are built too high and too thick to see through.

"Why.." His voice was soft and shallow. "Because I do and don't ask me to tell you because I won't."

He sighed and my courage suddenly perked up, as I ran my hand through his hair. "You can't keep hiding your emotions.. Whatever happened to you or whatever your reasons are, one day your going breakdown and everything you've been hiding will come out. All I have to do is wait."

I looked him straight in the eye "Then your going to be waiting a long time cause I never open to anyone." I tried to keep my voice stern but I could feel my heart aching because I knew he was right, one day I would let out everything I had been hiding and Brody knew it too.
He laying his head back down by neck, sighing.
"Let me help you Aria.."

"No one can help me."

******

I woke up to the familiar scent of the salty ocean, as the sun peaked its way through my window shining down on Brodys chocolate hair. I grabbed my phone by my table, starring at the time.. 11:30am.
Shit were late!

It took all my strength to push Brody off me, as he fell on the floor with a thump.
"What the hell?!" He shouted. I smirked looking down at him, his hair was messy from my hair running through it and his eyes looked tired.. Oh well.
"We're late, it's 11:3-2 now!" He slouched back down onto the floor, groaning. I stood up and started hitting my pillow against his back.
"Get
Hit
The
Hit
Hell
Hit
Up
Hit
Brody cotter!"

He turned around, and pulled the pillow down along with me.
"Well this is cozy." he smirked at me.
I stood up groaning and hit him one more time before walking into my bathroom and taking a shower. As I let the hot water run down me, I started thinking about what Brody said last night, that I would break down one day and even the thought of it scared the shît outta me. I didn't want to open up, I didn't want people to be concerned, and I especially didn't want it from him, all I wanted was peace nothing else.

I sighed stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel round my body and hair I went to the sink, turning the cold tap on and washing my face and brushing my teeth then heading back into my room. Thank god Brody wasn't there but already assuming he was cooking breakfast considering I could smell bacon.. Burnt bacon.

I went to dresser and pulled out a pair of white ripped jeans with my blue loose top. I applied my eyeliner, mascara and added a double necklace with a star and moon pendent on it. Flipping my head forward i towel dried my hair and left it hanging. I grabbed a pair of socks and my black combat boots before walking into the kitchen to find a tall Brody trying to cook bacon.. Seriously it isn't that hard!

"If you'r gunna burn this place down then I'm holding you responsible." I leaned on the counter, looking through the window.
"I'm a perfectly good cook flower." He replied, pointing to the pan full of burnt to the crisp bacon, it even had smoke coming out of it!
"Yeahhh, that's why that perfectly good piece of bacon is now black and smoking." I laughed, walking over to him "here, let me cook, at least I won't burn the place down." I chuckled at him but he just glared at him and sighed moving back to the counter. I threw the now burnt bacon in the bin and started again, telling brody what I was doing and how not to burn it while he watched intensely, I mean seriously it isn't that hard.

Once I was done, I put the bacon on his plate, sliding it over to him.
"Go on, taste it, best bacon you'll ever taste." I smiled to myself, watching him.
"Doubt it." he put a piece in his mouth and his face immediately lit up like a Christmas tree, I smirked at him raising my eyebrow "You got skill petal."

****

Driving into the school gate, I was anxious you could say. I mean I didn't know if Brody had told people about yesterday and if he did then i definitely wouldn't be staying the rest of the day even if I had already missed three classes already. Brody offered to take me to school but of course I told him to get lost, no way was I driving into school with that asshole. Parking my bike and walking through the halls down to my locker was horrible and no one was even in the corridors! It was more to the fact that I thought I was being watched, turning my head I saw Mrs. Jones, my English teach, walking towards me with the face that looked like a donkey's ass.

"Miss Indica." I flinched at Her voice that went straight through me like a knife, turning round I simply replied "What." She pulled her sleeve up, looking at her watch "it's 12:15, and your not even going to give me an explanation why your late!" Again her voice rings in my ears as I flinch again. I stayed quite, just staring at her "Fine, principals office!" She pointed down the hall.
"Keep your fuxking voice down!" I screeched at her, then walked down to the principals office.

******

A/N: so sorry for the wait:/