8

"Is this really necessary?" Jenna asked.

"Which unecessary thing are you talking about?" Lily asked, painting Jenna's nails a light lavender.

"All of them," Jenna said.

"C'mon," Lily said, "you've gotta be immersed in all the girliness! Plus, hiding the mirror makes for a more dramatic reveal!"

Jenna groaned. Mom and Lily had the mirror on the wall adjusted to a setting so that they could see the mirror, but Jenna couldn't.

"Hmm," Mom said, "I think you'd look good with a hairband. Like the one character you play in your game."

"Wh - Mom!" Jenna said, "it's not like I chose that character. Jeddah's just the default character you play as."

"Hm," Lily said, "Jeddah. Jenna. Sounds awfully similar."

"What?" Jenna turned to look at Lily, which tugged at his hair that Mom was combing. "Ow!"

"Sorry honey," Mom said. "Don't go jerking around next time."

Jenna obeyed, and sat still. What was Lily saying exactly? He did like Jeddah's character in the game. Jenna had always admired the character's place in the story, and how everyone liked her so much. How she was resilient in overcoming the social difficulties she faced in life.

Jenna felt strange. As Seth, he'd always kind of envied that. Did he envy  other aspects of the game's heroine?

"Okay Jenna," Mom said, "let's see how you look."

The mirror was revealed.

Jenna was in complete shock.

"Is that... me?"

Mom nodded in the reflection.

Never before had Seth, or Jenna, thought she could look like this. It was hard to describe how she felt she looked. There was just a... soft, pleasant look around her.

Jenna's hair was now straightened and smoothed. A pink hairband held it so it draped down her back. There was no longer the messiness that Jenna had seen in it earlier.

She stood up from her chair, and Mom gestured the furniture so the vanity and chair slid off to the side. The mirror extended to the floor.

Jenna wore a pastel purple tanktop, and then a pleated sky-blue skirt.

To say that she felt strange was an undertatement. But as Jenna searched her thoughts, she realized that she didn't outright hate it. She had avoided looking in the mirror in the past few days.

Now she confronted it. She'd expected that her face would look extremely unfamiliar, but it still had hints of Seth's features. It was like a strange uncanny valley. Only it wasn't exactly uncanny, because the face fit in its new feminine place.

"A lot of purple," Jenna remarked on the clothing and nail polish.

"Yeah," Lily said, "I thought it made sense for you, what with it being your mermaid tail color and all."

Jenna squirmed slightly.

"You look very beautiful Jenna," Mom said.

A warm energy went through her. "Thank you Mom," she said, unsure of her feelings.

"How do you feel?" Mom asked.

"I feel like this isn't so bad."

"You look pretty!" Lily grinned.

Jenna turned to her stepsister. Lily was rarely so consistently nice to Seth. Would Lily like her more as Jenna? And Mom seemed to be enjoying this too.

That sent a chill through Jenna. His family was enjoying his suffering.

Oh, don't be so melodramatic, he told himself. They obviously are sad this happened to you, but they just seem to be enjoying the idea of you being a girl.

Ughh. That wasn't a pleasant thought either.

"You do look good Jenna," Lily said. "I wish that someday I'll have boobs as nice as my big sister."

Jenna's body flinched in shock. He... or she - whatever, didn't like being reminded of the changes in his body. The crossdressing was bad enough. Was it crossdressing technically?

"Is anything too tight or not fitting right?" Mom asked.

"No," Jenna said, "it... it feels fine."

In some ways it actually felt very good. Jenna liked the ways the clothes hugged his skin. He liked the feeling of the panties.

Uh oh.

Just another reminder of his human anatomy. Or hers.

Jenna hissed out a breath.

I'm a girl now, she thought. I need to start thinking of myself as one.

But it was hard for her to shake off the feeling that she was an impostor, a boy in a girl's body. Wasn't that what she was?

Jenna hadn't given much thought to her gender identity. She'd been comfortable with masculinity. Maybe she'd just defaulted to that because she was afraid of fem stuff.

"Hey mom," Jenna said, "I need to go to the bathroom. Are we done?"

"Yes honey," Mom said, "we're done. For now."

Jenna got up and walked down the hallway to the bathroom. She didn't have to go really badly. But despite the confrontation of her new anatomy again, she wanted to at least be away from any further feminization from Mom and Lily.

She heaved a sigh as she sat down on the toilet. Going to the bathroom had been... unpleasant the past few days. She didn't like thinking about that she now peed in a completely different place.

But forcing her will, she fully acknowledged what was now there.

It was really strange not to see her "little guy" down there. Guess it was a "little girl" now. Stranger still, was the fact that, like the rest of her body, it didn't look out of place. It simply looked like it had always been a part of her.

She couldn't really groan or cry about it anymore. That was what was down there now. She had to get used to it.

She finished, and pulled up her panties, comfortingly hugging her private area. She didn't like that it made that area feel good.

Jenna was not looking forward to having periods.

But really, she wasn't looking forward to anything about being a girl.