"Well, no shit, Sherlock," Kei muses, still stubborn with her attacks. "It's not like you care anyway." She grits her teeth with her statement. She once again pushes her distance in, now using her fire attacks as cover. Shoto steps back until he notices that he is almost at the edge.

"I do care!"

This reply made the girl stop with her consistent blasts. Shoto, on the other hand, takes this opportunity to sprint away of the line and towards the center.

"You sly peppermint!" Kei yells in frustration, mostly at herself for letting her guard down in such simple, deceiving words.

This time, it was Shoto's turn to emit series of huge ice walls to the female. Unknown to Kei, the boy has his smile plastered on his face, relishing one of the nicknames which the female calls her. "So you're still there, my Kei."

The female then realizes what she just blurted out, tightening her jaw as she launches for another attack. "I'm nobody's person!"

Shoto keeps his distance, painfully knowledgeable that it will be at his disadvantage to have close combat as he himself can experience the repercussions of his quirk overuse. His slowed physical attacks cannot do any harm to the female at this point. He becomes anxious of the female's constant outbursts, placing him in a pinch.

"Kei! Give me a chance to right the wrongs," Shoto says, almost sounding pleadingly.

This statement further angered the female, considering Shoto's little trick of distraction just a while ago. "Only idiots fall the second time," she utters to herself, her eyebrows tightly knitted. "I was stupid, yes. But I'm not an idiot!" With her last retort, she increases her firepower two-fold. This time, Shoto's ice can't even hold a candle to it—the force pushes his firmly planted feet against his will. "As much as I'd like to have you back," Kei says in a low, soft murmur, "you loathed me for existing as soon as you knew my quirk. It's not my fault for being born this way, you know... Although it pains me to let go of the memories we had together—the only pleasant ones I had in store from my childhood...I—" Kei grips her hand, powering up for the last move.

"Kei, please—"

"No." Her eyes glimmer a dangerous shade of mint green as she extends her right arm towards the male. Her tough glare gives off a hint of sadness and despair. "I'm sorry," she utters, releasing her ultimate firepower.

Shoto immediately builds an ice barrier, even coating himself on ice, but was easily blown off by the impact. He has his back planted against the cracked wall—his eyelids shutting down.

 He has his back planted against the cracked wall—his eyelids shutting down

"Todoroki is unable to battle. Yagami advances to the finals!" Midnight announces, sparking the wild cheers from the audience.

Kei silently sits on the waiting room. She blankly stares at the table in front of her as her ears absorb the announcements made by Hizashi from the speakers.