Adios Muchachos Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I mean. I actually... kind of. maybe. Consider you a friend." He told me. He looked over at me and rolled his eyes. "Don't look so surprised ,Pipsqueak. You don't go through hell with someone for almost two years and not care about them. I'm not a monster."

"I know your not... Murphy, remember what Gideon said about us not appreciating you enough?" He nodded. "Well, just so you know, I do appreciate the things you've done ,even though you frustrate me enough to want to strangle you."

"How... thoughtful." He said with a scowl, probably from the strangling comment.

"That's me. The most thoughtful person still alive. And trust me, now it's not much of a competition. Most of the world is dead." I commented. Murphy chuckled.

Warren opened the door and stepped out. "All clear." She told us. She walked back in.

"Murphy? Do you get the feeling that they don't think we can do anything anymore?" I asked him.

"They never thought I could do much in the beginning." He countered.

"Well, when we first met, I agreed. You've come a long way since we first met though." I told him.

"So have you. You've seemed to get your being a complete lunatic more under control." He told me. I chuckled.

"Thanks, Smurphy." I said.

"Any time ,Pipsqueak." He replied.

Then we made our way into the house. Warren and Addy were still in the living room. They looked over as we entered.

"Upstairs. End of the hall on your left." Warren told me.

"What?" I asked.

"Your room." She explained.

"Right. Thank you. I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted. When do I take watch?" I asked.

"We got it covered. Thanks though. You just go get some rest." Warren told me. I sighed.

"Okay." I said before walking upstairs.

I followed her direction and went to the end of the hall on my left. I opened the door on the end to see 10K taking off his boots. He looked up at the sound of the door. He smiled at me as I came in.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." I replied.

I walked over to the dresser in the room and started going through it. I found a t-shirt that would definitely be too big on me. I still took off the dress and tried to reach the clasp for my bra at my back.

"Having troubles?" 10K asked ,sounding amused.

"No." I snapped.

I've been feeling so useless lately. I can't even unclip my bra for God's sake. How am I supposed to protect 10K and my baby if I can't even get my bra off without help.

"Are you okay?" 10K asked, sounding more concerned now. I groaned in frustration.

Great. Now I've got him worrying. I can't do anything right right now.

"Chris?" 10K stepped in front of me. His eyes were filled with worry ,just like his voice.

"I'm..." I stopped when I burst out in tears. "Damn it." I said angrily. 10K pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly. He didn't say anything, he just held me close to him. If I'm being honest, that's more comforting than any words he could say.

Once I finally stopped crying, I pulled away. I looked up into his worry filled eyes. He reached his hand up on either side of my face, wiping my tears away.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's no problem." He told me sincerely. "What's wrong?"

"I just... I feel like... I can't really do anything anymore. I feel like that's how you guys treat me too. I mean, how am I supposed to protect our kid if I can't even get my damn bra off." I said.

"Chris, you just need to be looked after for a little bit. Then you'll definitely be able to look after our kid. You just need to have it and then after a bit of getting back on your feet better, you'll do just fine." He told me.

"I know. I know all of this. I just... feel helpless. I hate feeling helpless. I've felt it most of my life. I finally escaped it but it's back." I said. He just pulled me back into a hug. We stayed like that until I realized something. "10K?"

"Yeah." He replied softly.

"I'm still in just my underwear." I said. He pulled away and looked down. "Don't look!" 10K blushed and looked back up at my face. I turned around. "Can you get the clasp for me?"

"Y-yeah." 10K stuttered.

I felt his fingers brush against my back as he unclasped my bra. I leaned back into his touch. After he got it unclasped, he pushed the straps off my shoulder. I let the bra straps slide down my arms ,letting the bra fall to the floor.

Then I felt 10K press his lips against my shoulder. I sighed and leaned back into him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"10K." I said.

"Hmm?" Was his response.

"We can't do this right now. I'm exhausted." I told him, not able to bring myself to pull away from him.

"I'm not doing anything." He said.

"Liar." I mumbled. He chuckled against my shoulder. He pressed a quick kiss to my shoulder before pulling away. I sighed before putting on the shirt I found in the dresser.

I then walked over to the bed and laid down. I laid on my side ,facing the door. 10K laid on the other side of the bed. I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind. He buried face in my neck.

I was almost asleep when when there was a knock on the door. The door opened just a second later. I opened my eyes to see Addy.

"Warren says your up ,10K." Addy told 10K. I felt 10K sigh.

"Okay. I'll be down in a second." He told her. She went out and shut the door. 10K got out of bed and put his boots back on.

"You have watch first?" I asked tiredly.

"I didn't know. Warren was still figuring stuff out." He told me. I nodded. He came over by me and kissed my forehead. "I love you. Good night." He told me.

"I love you too. Good night." I told him.

Then he walked out to go keep watch.