Puppies and Kittens

^Christina's outfit

I don't own Z Nation or any of it's characters. I do ,however, own Christina ,any other character I decide to add, and extras scenes I decide to use to fill in.

***

I stopped my motorcycle in the middle of the road. I was on my way back to camp but saw one of our trucks. The truck stopped too.

I got off the motorcycle as two of my fellow survivors ,Warren and Garnett, got out of the truck. More members of our group ,Mack, Addy, and Doc, got out of the back. Two guys I didn't recognize got out of the truck as well.

I lifted my sunglasses to rest on the top of my head and looked at them confused. Who were they?

One was dark complected ,like Warren, and had on a military uniform. The other guy looked rough, I didn't know how to describe him. He had black hair and this rugged look to him.

"We're giving them a lift to the high school." Garnett told me ,seeing me eye them in confusion.

"All of you?" I asked.

"It was just me and Warren." Garnett told me.

"Camp Blue Sky got overrun ,man." Doc told me.

"Overrun? How?" I asked.

"We don't know. We weren't there." Addy told me.

"So you don't know if anyone else made it?" I questioned.

"We ran into the bus, but it got overrun. Someone on the inside turned. But we can't be sure if no one else made it." Doc shrugged.

I sighed. "So the high school?" I asked Garnett.

"That's the plan. Get these two there." Garnett told me.

I got back on my motorcycle. "Let's go." I said. I turned the bike on and brought my sunglasses back onto my face. I waited for them to pass me before quickly turning the motorcycle around and following them.

I was never the average girl ,but now with the apocalypse, everything I've done has seemed to help me. The trouble. The kind of family I've taken care of. It all benefited me during this. I've always been able to shoot a gun. My dad wanted me to be able to protect myself.

Before the apocalypse, you could say I got in a lot of trouble. What else was I supposed to do in that small town? My friends just encouraged it. They were kind of dumbasses. We all were. But we were the sense of entertainment for the town. I miss those days. It was simple. We still had to fight to survive sometimes but never like this.

I'm still pretty different from the people that were at Camp Blue Sky. I try not to let the apocalypse get to me. I laugh at things that you shouldn't laugh at and make jokes at the worst times. I've been called insensitive but how else am I supposed to deal without this world breaking me? At least there were people at Camp Blue Sky that did the same thing ,like Doc.

I stopped my motorcycle behind the truck when we got to the high school.

The dark complected, military dude got out of the truck. He walked forward. His friend stuck his head out the window.

"Is it them? Hammond, is it them?" The military guy's friend asked him.

"Yeah." 'Hammond' answered his friend.

"I got to pee." I heard Hammond's friend say. He got out of the truck ,so did everyone else.

"Don't go far." Warren told him.

"Don't worry." He turned to the truck. He peed on the wheel. I wrinkled my nose.

Oh well. I've seen worse things happen.