A New Mission

"You okay?" Escorpian asked Warren. They'd all been knocked out by the cliff and brought to kneel in the sand closer to the truck. Even Chris was out and in the sand with them, though she couldn't bring herself to really pay attention due to the pain she was feeling.

"Good." Warren answered.

"Shoot me or get that damn thing out of my face." Addy told one of the soldiers. He shouted something at her in a different language.

"Careful." Warren warned the soldier in front of her. That soldier shouted at her in the same language.

They heard another voice , a feminine voice. She was speaking the language too. The only thing they understood was 'Roberta Warren'.

"Well, look who's world famous." Doc teased Warren.

"You in charge?" Warren asked her. She ignored Warren and turned to the guard. She spoke and the other's heard Murphy's name in there.

"There's Murphy for ya. Causing trouble when he's not even here." Doc commented.

The woman walked away a bit to look through binoculars. She spoke to the soldier. Then she handed him the binoculars before walking back.

"English. Do you speak it?" Warren asked.

"I don't think she understands you." Escorpian said. A soldier yelled at them again. He stood in front of Escorpian. "You'd better take me out quick because I'm real good with faces if you know what I mean."

"I don't see any blood under those fingernails. You sure about this?" Warren asked her, but she didn't give any sign of understanding. Addy was close to slipping off the zip tie that held her hands together. "We can still talk about this."

"I hate this part." Doc said before Warren jumped into action.

"Now!" Warren exclaimed, grabbing the guard in front of her. She put him in a chokehold and grabbed his pistol, pointing it at the woman. The woman stepped back, seemingly surprised.

Though Warren and Addy were the only ones successfully in their attempt of surprise. Addy had grabbed one of the guys' handgun. The gun Doc tried to grab got stuck. Escorpion almost had ahold of the end of the rifle pointed at him, but the guy moved it closer to his face, making him stop. And Chris was crying out in pain from another contraction. Warren let go of the guy, giving him back his guns.

"Thought that was gonna go a different way." Warren commented as she kneeled again.

"Warren!" Chris cried.

"Alright. She needs to lay back down." Warren told the woman that was looking over at Chris in surprise.

The woman looked at one of her men and nodded. Two of them made their way to Chris. As soon as they grabbed her, she struggled in their grasp.

"Let go of me!" She shouted over and over.

"Chris! Chris, it's okay!" Warren assured the young girl.

The two took Chris back to the truck and helped her into the back. Before she moved back, the woman stopped her. The woman used the tablet in her hand to scan Chris' face.

"Christina Johnson." The woman identified before one of her men stabbed something into Chris' neck, drawing blood into a vile. Chris exclaimed in pain and surprise.

The woman left Chris alone. One of the men stayed to keep an eye on the young girl. The woman walked back to Warren. She scanned her face like she did with Chris.

"Lieutenant Roberta Warren." The woman said. Another man did the same as they did to Chris. This kept happening as they went down the line, ignoring the others' retorts and comments. "Addison Carver... Steven Beck." She stopped at Escorpion, surprised that this man was with them. "Murder, kidnapping, battery, public indecency."