"Hey Yoongi and Hoseok! Read this," Yoongi takes some of the papers from Jimin, standing close to the shorter boy while dragging Hoseok in too, the two of them reading carefully while looking up, back and forth from the paper to Jin. "You wrote this?" Jin just nods, handing the two boys the extra papers, "yeah, it was for a class project a few months ago, I brought it in just to show Jungkook," Jin says.

Hoseok takes his seat next to Jungkook with a grin, "how cool is Jin hyung? He literally used his own initiative to make a fucking old play better. I mean, gay is always the right way." Jungkook bursts out laughing, chuckling shamelessly at Hoseok's words, "you're right...about Jin being cool. I mean, I could never do that. Like okay, I'll be Julio and you be Romeo, and we'll see how powerful the lines are."

Hoseok just nods, taking a sheet, and Jungkook smiles, taking the other one.

"Julio, what is your love?" Hoseok acts out, in a silly deep voice.

Jungkook scans over the first few lines, before sighing, "oh Romeo," he whispers dreamily, "my love for you is something indescribable, like seeing a sunrise drip onto the cold buildings at the first breath of dawn. The first melody ever being sang. My love is saturated with everything good in life...and the only thing I can do is just give it you and show you in everyway possible."

Jungkook finally finishes, reading over the next few lines before finally looking up to Hoseok, who's eyes are wide. "What-"

And then Jungkook realises that the whole hall is in fact silent, and by now Namjoon and Taehyung (for once) were early, and watching the blonde boy act out some lines with such a passion that it hurt.

Taehyung leans against the wall, mint hair falling into his eyes as he sees Jungkook's nimble fingers fidget with the paper as he sees everyone around him is silent. Smiling softly, Taehyung remembers how the smaller boy speaks so softly, as it he was truly describing his love for someone, how his doe eyes seemed to twinkle even more as he spoke. And Taehyung continued to smile, until he realised that Jungkook was in fact staring right at him.

Snapping out of his trance, Taehyung clears his throat, now standing up a bit more straight.

"That's it!" Jimin yells, stomping his foot. "I have been trying to tell you all for so long that we should tell headmaster Choi what our club idea is!" Yoongi stands up, immediately seating Jimin, "Jim, we don't have a club idea, so just relax."

Jimin just scoffs, picking at his belly button piercing, flicking it upwards, the simple act that drove Yoongi crazy whenever they were together. "We do, we should be a drama club. I mean we already have some of the resources. The hall, enough members, we now have a good play that we can rehearse for. Come on guys! It would be so fun," Jimin whines, pleading eyes.

Jin hesitates for a moment, "...I mean it would be fun rehearsing and making stage props...and of course, I'm the director."

Namjoon smiles when he sees the happiness in his eyes, the older looking absolutely beautiful when he smiled.

Hoseok stands up, and runs over to Jimin, throwing an arm around the younger's shoulder, "Jimin, that is such a good idea!" Jimin blushes when Hoseok pulls at his cheeks, cooing at Jimin's cuteness.

"We should go and tell headmaster Choi," Namjoon announces, to which everyone nods. They all leave, apart from Jungkook and Taehyung. Taehyung watches Jungkook's every move, and sees how he tidies the hall a little bit, moving the papers into a neat pile, pushing the chairs back. Until finally, he turns around to face Taehyung, "is there a reason why you're watching me like I'm a crazy person?"

Taehyung shrugs, lips in a thin line as he observes the younger even more. And Jungkook tries his very best to ignore it, but he just can't help but feel fire trail all over his body like a sick poison the longer that Taehyung kept his eyes on Jungkook's soft body.

Over the past week, Taehyung had noticed that Jungkook was a very strong minded person. But also a very fragile person. He was the type of person to get what they wanted, without trying to step on anyone's toes. And it was really cute to see Jungkook just having fun, because there were certain things about the younger that just made Taehyung smile unknowingly, without a reason.

Like when Jungkook laughed, he let out little noises, or the fact that when he smiled his bunny teeth would pop out, or the fact that his nose twitches cutely. It was the little things that made Taehyung smile. And he felt oddly drawn to the younger.

Never having felt this way, Taehyung was scared to make the wrong mistake. But at the same time, he just wanted to make the same mistake over and over again if it gave him the chance to be genuinely happy at least once in his life.

"You know, you're really good at acting out lines passionately," Taehyung finally says after a while of thinking of the right thing to say. Jungkook freezes, "... thanks...but I'm really not good. I was just joking around with Hobi."

Taehyung leans back on his chair, "I'm serious, you're really good at putting your heart into the things you do. Your parents raised you well."

Jungkook pauses, his words getting caught up in his throat, as he cautiously sits down in front of Taehyung. Taehyung just watches as Jungkook is frantically trying to figure out the right thing to say, but just can't get it right for the life of him. So his parents were a touchy subject for him?

It seemed a lot like the two had more in common than they thought, and that gave Taehyung an odd rush. A feeling that he was happy to share with someone else.

Jungkook just decides to open his heart, "um...I don't really like my parents, but I guess they did raise me...sort of well."

These words interest the mint haired male, making him sit upright. "What do you mean you don't like them?" Jungkook sighs, running a hand through his perfect blonde hair, messing it up. "They're like immensely homophobic, so me and my sister ran away, because we're immensely homosexual."

Taehyung chuckles softly at Jungkook's blunt words, "you're really something else, aren't you?" Jungkook just chuckles, shuffling closer to Taehyung, "so what about you? Are you a mommy's boy?"

Taehyung shrugs, his mint hair falling into his eyes, "I guess you could say that. I mean I would be a mommy's boy if she just gave me enough attention," he mumbles bitterly, which makes Jungkook see things a little bit more clearly. Sighing softly, a soft smile reaches onto Jungkook's lips, and he moves his chair even more closer to Taehyung, their knees now touching.

Jungkook could see that Taehyung had a lot more to say about his mother, and that no one had ever asked him to talk about his feelings. Or even cared enough to ask. Or maybe he didn't have anyone to ask him. And Jungkook felt his heart sadden at the thought that Taehyung had no one to talk to.

So that's why he did it. That's why he took Taehyung's hand softly in his, and gave him a cheeky grin. Taehyung's brown eyes held so many pent up emotions that it hurt.

"D'you wanna...get some ice-cream with me?"

⟭⟬

This is my first story where they don't kiss from the chapters 14-16 oop-
Y'all, my head is hurting so much like dayum what's going on in there
Vote and comment!!
Stay safe!