48.

Yeah daddy issues are tough, but have you ever had mommy issues?

Let's talk about it.

Taehyung grew up neglected by his mother, and so, came the issues of dealing with the never ending pit in his heart that could never be filled. Having this two sided personality. Always trying your best to impress everyone around you. Having someone but always feeling abandoned.

And now, sitting in his living room, waiting for his mother's arrival home from work, he never felt anything worse. The deep canyon drilling further in his stomach. A feeling very different to when he normally felt when he was with Jungkook. Instead of the butterflies, there were monsters of fear.

Hiding in the dark, creeping behind doors, lurking in the shadows, avoiding the light. Eating Taehyung's insides out, making him feel weak. Weaker than he's ever felt. Like somebody had crushed those poor butterflies by stamping on them, their wings all crumpled and ripped from their small stick-like bodies.

Eyes focused on the tile in front of him, Taehyung focuses on the imperfections of it. The little crack at the edge, the tinge of yellow from age, the rounding corners. Something has never looked so ugly to Taehyung.

Taehyung glances at the clock. Ten minutes to go. And his mother would be unlocking the door and stepping inside, walk through the hallways, and glance into the living room before heading upstairs. He knew her schedule by heart, only this time, she'd be called to sit in front of Taehyung in the living room, and he doesn't know how long she's going to be sitting there, but he does know that his words will shake her to the core.

Heart pounding in his ears, Taehyung tries to distract himself by fiddling with his phone, but nothing can stop the despair he feels in his heart. The way his lungs contracted painfully like he wasn't getting enough air, the walls closing in on him, everything around him spinning, eyes watering, stinging as they tried their very best to stay open, mouth dry, fingers twitching.

Tick tock.

The clock continues to tick away, yet Taehyung sat frozen in time, like everything around him had paused, and it was only him, left behind him.

He blinks.

Why weren't the seconds rushing past him like they had before when he was with Jungkook.

Oh Jungkook, the boy he had loved so much, he wondered if Jungkook was home. If he was home and safe, with his elder sister, his sister that Taehyung had grown to like because of her understanding personality and wise words. He wondered if he'd be able to see that smile once more, feel Jungkook's body under his, hear those sweet nothings being whispered in his ears everytime he was stressed or worried. Truly, their was nothing like love in the world and Taehyung didn't know if he was ready to give that up.

Once he had tasted love, he realised how, all of his life, he was longing for it.

And then he heard her.

The door shutting.

Heels down the hallway.

Any moment now.

"Taehyung what are you doing here?" Her voice echoes through the empty room. Taehyung's breath hitches, fingers shaking rapidly like the vibrating engine of a car.

"M-mom," Taehyung sputters, before clearing his throat, cheeks a shade of rouge never seen before. His mother steps into the room, placing her bag down, walking over to Taehyung. "You look feverish, are you okay?" She asks, concern in her voice. But it wasn't a motherly concern, filled with warmth, but rather like she was helping a stranger that had fallen on the roadside.

Drama Club | kth.jjkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें