37. [C.S]

Christmas Eve:
"Christmas Eve Taehyung," Jungkook says, with a warm smile on his lips as he brings two hot, steaming mugs of hot chocolate into the TV room of Taehyung's home. Taehyung's brown eyes snap up to meet Jungkook's, and a lonely frown is replaced with the warmest smile ever to exist.

"Hey baby, let me help you with that," Taehyung says, standing up from the sofa, to take the two cups, placing them down on the wooden coffee table, before looking at Jungkook with the gooiest eyes. He takes Jungkook's hands in his, "thank you baby, for spending this day with me instead of your family."

Jungkook leans against Taehyung's chest, hearing his heartbeat against his chest. The sound a slow, and tranquil thud. Jungkook finds comfort in the sound of Taehyung's heart. I love you... The three words from the night before remain in Jungkook's cluttered mind, but he can't bring himself to open up and ask Taehyung about them.

His mind was in purgatory, he was close enough to get into heaven, but something devious was holding him back. And that something made Jungkook want to reside in that small opening forever, fearing that it could become too real.

"It's okay Tae, my sister is always at work and I don't have much of a family anyway," he mumbles into Taehyung's warm chest, the two of them subtly rocking together under the orange glow of the candlelight.

Taehyung lifts Jungkook's face up with his fingers, looking deep into Jungkook's eyes, "Jungkook," he whispers slowly, breath fanning over Jungkook's peachy lips, "I am your family, don't ever forget that," he says leaning down. Jungkook grins, before turning his face to the side, Taehyung's lips meeting Jungkook's soft cheeks. He groans against Jungkook's cheeks, "what are you thinking about now?" He asks.

Cheekily, Jungkook says, "just the fact that I don't condone incest." Taehyung groans once more at Jungkook's words, "you know what I meant baby, now let's watch a movie. The hot chocolate is getting cold."

Taehyung untangles himself from Jungkook, holding his hand, guiding the boy to the sofa in front of a big television screen. He presses play, and a loud,

"Keviiiiiiiiiiiin,"

rings through the silent room. Taehyung looks at Jungkook who's awkwardly sitting off to the side, clearing his throat, he catches the attention of Jungkook. He meets Jungkook's twinkling doe eyes, heart skipping a beat as he drains in the sight of Jungkook, messy blonde hair, naturally flushed cheeks wrapped up call cozy in a blanket.

"Come here doll, sit with me," Taehyung whispers. Jungkook grins and nods, snuggling into Taehyung's arms, feeling as comfortable as ever. Taehyung plays with Jungkook's fingers, before finally intertwining their fingers before focusing on the movie playing on the screen.

They laugh at the funny scenes, coo at the cute scenes and bawl at the sad moments, loving the fact that they simply had each other for such a day. A day where one brings all.

By far, Taehyung's best Christmas Eve.

---

Christmas Day:
"Jesus christ Jimin, you didn't have to do so much," Taehyung mumbles, looking down at the food that Jungkook and Jin were bringing to the table one by one.

Jimin smiles sheepishly, "it wasn't just me, it was Jungkook and Jin too. Yoongi and Hoseok just sat down playing videogames," he gives them a pointed look, to which they avoid his stern eyes. Rolling his eyes he says, "plus, we should have a proper get together. Almost like a little family."

Jungkook glances at Taehyung when he hears Jimin's words, before quickly looking back at the food on the table, his heart thudding against his chest.