Chapter Five: the challenge

(Y/n) knew that face all too well. "One of the three that have been haunting her since she was blinded. Tanned skin, a square marking on his face, blond hair and that single horn. Wamuu. She tugged at Polnareff's arm, "Run!" The Frenchman did not want to run but the woman knew about this man more than he did. The silver haired Frenchman threw her over his shoulder an took off running, towards the others. He saw Joseph and Jotaro up ahead and yelled at them, "Run Dammit!"
The howling wind flew past Polnareff's head as (y/n) pulled it down, protecting him from the attack. Joseph and Jotaro ran after Polnareff, not seeing what was chasing them. They kept running until they got to a wide open space. Jotaro made Polnareff stop running. "Polnareff, what is it?," the Japanese teen asked. (Y/n) pointed to the shadows, "Him!" Joseph and Jotaro looked to the shadows just as the blond warrior stepped out into the moonlight.

Joseph recognized him immediately. "Oh my god, Wamuu.," the old man said and stepped back. Wamuu's green eyes looked at Joseph, studying his face to see if he knew him. "Jojo, you have aged.," the ancient warrior spoke, "It has been Fifty years. So we meet just as the fortune teller that fought master Esidisi said." (Y/n) gripped Polnareff's shirt. Just being near one of the being who was that powerful made her afraid. Both parties were sizing each other up. "Do you still have access to your hamon, Jojo?," Wamuu asked. "Of course.," Joseph said and his arms lit up with what seemed to be electricity, "I never lost it."
"You have another power, all of you have a power.," Wamuu spoke. "You sense the power I developed later.," Joseph answered the ancient man, "We call it a stand. You more than likely won't be able to see it." "Gramps. You know this guy?," Jotaro finally asked. "They fought fifty-two years ago, when your grandfather was your age.," (y/n) explained to Jotaro with a shaky voice. Polnareff stepped back with the woman still in his arms.

"If you have lived this long, then you must be stronger than before. A worthy opponent for me.," the wind warrior said, "Jojo! I challenge you." Joseph was tense with nervous energy, Jotaro stepped forward to stand by his grandfather. Wamuu must have seen the family resemblance, "Or would your heir like to take your place in my challenge?" Polnareff looked to his two friends while he held the shaking young woman, "Mister Joestar, is there any way to decline this challenge?" "No, once Wamuu has a target he wants to fight, he will not allow them to get away or decline.," the British-American replied.
(Y/n) had to do something to protect these friends she made. She took a deep breath then let it out, "Wamuu. Now is not a time to fight, if you do fight now, it will be cut short by the rising of the sun. And we both know that you cannot survive in the sun." She did not need Entropy to know that he was giving her one hell of a look. His heavy steps backed up, "Fine. I don't have a poisoned ring, but I do want you to train. I want you to be at your best when we fight."

Polnareff let out a breath, relieved that they could get away from this monster. "But, I need to make sure you don't try to run away.," Wamuu spoke, "Something to make you be bound to your word by more than just mere speech." (Y/n) got out of Polnareff's arms and took off the circlet that was holding her veil on. The pearls and gemstone clattered as she held it out to the monster, "It is my family's heirloom treasure. The most valuable thing I own. There is nothing I can replace it with. Besides our word, it is the only thing I can offer."
Her eyes were only halfway open, 'looking' down at the pearls she offered to the ancient being so much larger than her. She felt the pearl circlet be taken from her, "We will meet again, Wamuu. And you will get a fight that you crave so badly. I have foreseen it. And my foresight always comes to pass." Her blinded, dead eyes looked ahead of her as she slowly made her way back to Joseph and company. "Woman. You were the one who fought master Esidisi two years ago.," the blond warrior said. The young woman gripped her cane tighter, "I am. He was the toughest fight I ever had." Her blinded eyes 'looked' back at the warrior, she was shaking a little. "Our next destination is Switzerland, if you want to check up on us or track us down.," the young woman spoke and walked back to Polnareff. The gallant Frenchman was very defensive as she finally got back to him, ready to defend her and himself.