Epilogue

“Ben!” Lizzie shouted as soon as she saw him come out of the terminal from his flight. She ran up to him and threw her arms around him. Ben laughed and picked her up and spun her around. It seemed like it had been forever since they had last seen each other, and in a way, it had. They hadn’t seen each other in close to a year. Sure, they had kept communicating over the internet, but it just wasn’t the same as in person communication. 

    Ben set Lizzie down and held her close. “I missed you,” he whispered. 

    “Me too,” she whispered back. 

    After Nox had left a year earlier, Lucy got back into contact with the super, Claire, with teleportation powers and she brought the class back to their home in England, their trip in Croatia getting cut a bit short, but after everything they had seen, they were ready to be home. The only problem was that Ben still lived in the states with his mom and wasn’t in a position to move, especially to another country. 

    After trading contact info, Lizzie and Ben vowed that they would see each other again. This was further sealed after Ben worked hard in his senior year and managed to get accepted to the same college as Lizzie with an almost full ride scholarship. 

    “How is everyone doing?” Lizzie asked. 

    “Well, Jenna is doing well in school. She’s starting high school this year and says that she is enjoying the challenge. Talon is almost done with his bachelor’s degree and will be starting at a job in the same place he was interning after he finishes. Matthew has been trying to live a normal life as well and has joined the military to put his ‘special talents’ to use. Lucy also made up with her family and fixed her broken relationship with them. And Dawson and Brayden seemed like they are enjoying college as well. ” 

    “I still feel bad that he is still stuck with such an obvious looking power.”

    “Well, I definitely understand how that feels.” 

    Lizzie laughed. 

    “How about you? How’s Darren and Canyon?”

    “They’re good. Darren joined the Royal Airforce and Canyon is starting college at a different university not far from here. He got into his dream school."

"That's good for them!"

"Yeah, I'm super proud of both of them." 

Ben and Lizzie walked away from the terminal and waited for his baggage, hand in hand. Lizzie rested her head on Ben's shoulder as she watched the bags go around. Finally, for the first time since they had met, Lizzie and Ben both knew that everything was going to be okay. 

Again thank you to milokoi for the amazing fan art!!!