Chapter 26

“Do you understand the plan?” Lucy asked Talon. Upon his arrival, Lucy had given him a short synopsis of what was about to happen. 

    “Yes, but I still don’t see why we had to get rid of Matthew and Ben.”

    “I already told you. They would have gotten in the way.”

    “But they could have been a great help too.”

    “You know what Talon, if you like them so much, why don’t you fly over there and join them?!”

    Talon stayed silent, not wanting to anger her anymore. Based on the fact that he could actually hear what she was thinking now meant that she was either really mad or something else not preferable to him, especially considering the silent threats on his life she was making. 

    “Okay, now that that’s settled, how about we get started before this whole building burns down around us?” Lucy said. She then walked out of the room, leaving the rest of the supers to follow. 

    While they were in the hall, Claire appeared at their side suddenly, walking in stride with them. 

    “They’re out of our way now,” she informed them. 

    “Great,” Lucy replied. “Now your job is to help with crowd control to get the supers all outside. Understood?”

    Claire nodded in agreement. They continued on their way to getting to where the other supers were. At the commons, they stopped. 

    “Chance, how should Grey and I split this?” Lucy asked.

    “Grey needs to free all the low risks while you are on mid risk duty,” she replied. 

    “Noted. Is that okay with you Grey?”

    He nodded in agreement before turning and running down the corridor that branched off into the area Chance had said was low risk category. 

    “Not much of a talker, is he?” Lucy mumbled to herself before taking off down the corridor with the mid risk cells. They needed to work quickly because with Matthew gone, the fire was spreading at an alarming rate. They had an hour at most to get over five hundred people out of this building and to safety. 

    Ben was freaking out. 

    “How could they do this to us?! We trusted them!” He shouted to no one in particular. 

    “Ben, you need to calm down-,” Matthew said in response. 

    “Calm down?!” Ben said hysterically. “How can I ‘calm down’?! We’re trapped here on this island in the middle of who knows where with no idea how to get back to America!”

    “At least the island has food,” Matthew calmly stated. “We could be in a lot worse of a situation, Ben. At least we have the resources we need to survive. Since this is a global world, it's only a matter of time before a ship or plane passes near us. We just need to keep an eye out and hope they are coming back. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Talon would never allow that. He likes you too much.”

    Ben stopped and gave Matthew a weird look. 

    “Like a big brother, Ben. What were you thinking?”

    Ben breathed a sigh of relief. “I did not want to deal with that.” 

    Matthew laughed. “That would be awkward.”

    “Anyways, back to the problem at hand.”

    Ben walked over and sat down next to Matthew on a rather large boulder and looked around at their surroundings. The island didn’t look to be tropical per say, seeing as it lacked many of the types of plants and resources to be considered so, but the ocean surrounding was bright and blue in color. It would make sense for it to be Medditeranean instead. He could tell that there would be many areas in the reefs for fish to hide, but getting down to these areas would be hard. The island had tall sloping sides and cliffs on the side they were facing. Hopefully the other side was less harsh.