Chapter 7

The man hovering behind him chuckled. “Kill you? I don’t even know if I can with that metal coat. Is that paint or is it real?”

    Ben blinked in surprise. “Um, are you referring to the metal color or the skin color?”

    “The metal.”

    “Well that is real. As for the skin color, not so much.”

    “It obviously didn’t stick very well, did it?”

    “Yeah, not really. Anyways, who are you and why are you here?”

    “I’m Talon Bradford, and you?”

    “Ben.”

    “Who’s your friend behind the tree?”

    “That would be Lucy.”

    “Nice to meet you two.”

    “So I’m assuming you met Nox as well?” Lucy chimed in.

    “Who?” Talon questioned. 

    Lucy gave him a look. “How insensitive can you two get? Not even asking his name.”

    “Are you talking about the super guy that pretended to be me?”

    “Yeah.”

    “Then yes, I met him.”

    “Then what are your powers? Other than flight obviously.” Ben asked. 

    “Actually, that’s the only one I’ve figured out so far. As soon as I saw a chance to sneak out of that hospital, I took it. Never looked back.”

    “Just came from there actually.”

    “Interesting. What powers have you figured out so far?”

    “Lucy has matter manipulation. She can rearrange atoms and add or subtract electrons from atoms to make new things out of thin air or make things disappear. Really useful for making disguises.”

    “Very interesting. How about you?”

    “I have very very shiny skin,” Ben said sarcastically.

    “I noticed,” Talen replied deadpan.

    “Besides that, I have super speed and I can absorb attacks I think? I kinda absorbed a taser gun,” Ben said sheepishly. 

“A taser? Impressive. Have you tried it with bullets yet?”

“I mean we literally just escaped. I haven’t really had the chance to test it yet.”

“Well, now is as good as ever,” Lucy chimed in, forming a small pistol in her hand. 

“Woah, woah, woah, I think we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves here,” Ben said, slowly backing away. 

“Naw, there’s no time like the present,” Lucy said as she aimed it at his shoulder. “Don’t worry, I’ll just glance at your shoulder.”

“I don’t know if I really trust your aim,” Ben said, laughing nervously. “Talon, help?!”

“No, please continue. I’m enjoying this.”

Ben looked at him, silently pleading. He chuckled at his panicked expression. “If it hurts you too bad, Lucy can just patch you up. No reason to worry.”

“But it’ll still hurt like crazy!”

“Are you sure you can even feel pain?”

Ben thought about it for a moment. He hadn’t felt any pain when he was shot with the taser gun. The more he thought about it, he didn’t think he had felt any pain since he had woken up in the morgue.