Chapter 9: Whispers

"No siren did ever so charm the ear of the listener as the listening ear has charmed the soul of the siren."
~Henry Taylor~

"No way."

"Yes way."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"But how? Last time I checked, I am sinking in the waters of the Pacific." I reasoned.

Yoongi shrugged. He told me his name when I refused to call him "Captain Min". He even threatened to feed me to piranhas and sharks if I don't call him that way but of course, I have my way with him.

Who wouldn't if their precious gold coins is in the "safe premises" of my hand.

"I told you countless of times that I have no clue where in the world is that ocean named "Pacific"." Yoongi stated bitterly, his eyes watching my hand that is playing with his treasure. "There is only one ocean and it's named Tethys."

I frowned at him before rolling my eyes. "Give me a map."

He raised the brow above his scarred eye. "Who told you that I have one?"

"No one. I just happen to see it peaking under your trousers captain." I mocked, stretching my free hand out to him.

"Give me my treasure and I'll let you borrow my map." Yoongi proposed.

I clicked my tongue before picking one gold coin out of it's sack. "How 'bout you give me your map so this gold coin won't say bye bye?"

He shoot me a glare before tossing the worn out paper in my direction. I smiled victoriously putting the gold coin back on its sack.

"I should've known that the woman I brought with me is such a nuisance." Yoongi muttered to himself as if I can't hear him.

"I heard that~" I sang out on purpose.

"Of course you'll hear it unless you're deaf, lassie." He said with a very obvious hint of sarcasm in his deep voice.

Instead of jesting him again, I focused on the odd places in the map. The map may be worn out and old but I could still enumerate the words and lines littering it. It is somewhat ripped at the top edge but I don't mind as long as I could read its contents.

Tethys Ocean.

Eurasia.

Antartica.

South America.

North America.

Africa.

How odd. There are only five continents and an ocean. You could even go by land if you want to go to another continent from another.

My brows furrowed. I think I saw this odd structure before.

I bit my lower lip trying my hardest to remember where did I saw it before. My eyes then trailed to the ripped part of the map.

Maybe the ripped part is something important.

"Captain Min." I called the man rowing the boat.

He turned to me and stopped rowing the boat for the tenth time today I think. An unamused look resting upon his handsome features.

"So you finally decided to call me that way?" He asked, sarcasm still dripping from his words.

I ignored his remarks and asked him about the ripped part of the map. Rolling his eyes, he answered my question