Chapter 28: Roses

"Her heart was tender as a rose,
His love protected her heart,
As a thorn that protects the rose."
~Luffina Lourduraj~

A/N: You could also play The Truth Untold Original ver. in this chapter if you want ;)

The dinner was quite. Only the clicking of utensils could be heard and nothing more.

The youngest prince did not once spared a glance at Y/N once he got seated in the other end of the table. She didn't bother to make any kind of conversation as she was afraid that the youngest prince might get upset and who knows what he's capable of doing.

What caught her attention is that the youngest prince was eating by himself, without the help of another person.

'I honestly thought that he can't put his hands into anything because it would turn gold.' She thought.

She couldn't help but stare at him and watch as he shove each spoonful of food in his mouth, chewing it hurriedly.

He might've sensed that her gaze was fixed on him because he suddenly stopped eating and locked eyes with her.

"Stop scrutinizing me." Taehyung growled.

She gulped, trying to defend herself. "I was just—"

"I didn't give you permission to speak." Taehyung interjected making her shut her mouth.

"If Jimin is a pervert, his younger brother is plain rude." She muttered to herself.

"What did you say?" The youngest prince asked, a flawless eyebrow arched.

"Nothing, your majesty." She quickly replied, showing a small smile.

The youngest prince gritted his teeth at that, his hold on his utensils, tightening. He chose to ignore her and proceeded in devouring his food once again.

After some time, the speed-eating he's doing got her worried as he started eating a grilled fish. He carelessly picked at the cooked flesh, shoving it in between his lips after.

It was all fine until he started to cough violently, holding his throat, his face scrunched up because of the pain.

Without much thought to it, She hurriedly scurried to his side and tried to make him release the thing that's blocking his airways.

She placed her arms around him, resting it on his stomach before pressing harshly. She repeated the action until he spat out a long fish bone, his body relaxing a bit.

She fastly snatched his glass of water giving it to him and he drank it without hesitation.

He wiped his lips after the drink, his dark orbs piercing hers. He had that look of wonder and worry etched in his ethereal features and she hesitantly returned his gaze with a look of worry.

"Are you fine?" They asked in sync and both their eyes widened.

"I-I'm fine. I don't know why you're asking me that when you're the one who's literally dying earlier." She remarked, looking everywhere but him.

"You're holding me." Taehyung reminded and she quickly released him, clearing her throat after.

"I'm sorry for holding you. It's just that you're choking to death earlier and—" He cut you off.

"Why would you do that?" He asked and she frowned at him.

"That's the natural thing to do. You needed help so I helped you." She stated the fact.

"Aren't you afraid?" He questioned. "What if the moment you pulled me in your arms, you become a golden statue? What if you die because of me? If you just let me be, I'd be fine soon enough. I can't die. I couldn't die. You interfering could've put you in danger!" He angrily yelled, his eyes shifting into golden hues for a brief moment.