Chapter 1: Existence

"Existing begins with our eyes closed and passing begins when our eyes finally closed for an eternity."
~RG2108

Waking up is not really the best thing in the world for me. It just means I need to live my life again and again and again. A process that won't stop until I finally vanish from this world.

I'm tired of my everyday routine. I wake up to prepare for work. I work until my head aches then after a long day, I sleep, wishing to experience a much exciting world other than sitting infront of my computer, typing what my brain tells me to add in the story I'm making or in the much simpler path, just die.

I'm a writer. A writer that is not happy with what she had. My stories are what makes me alive but at the same time, they make me wish to just be a character. A character with a happy ending. Someone that lives life to the fullest because she has everything. In short, I want to live a fairytale.

I'm greedy for a life that don't include working to live. A life full of adventures. A real life, not the one I'm living right now.

A sudden call of my name pulled me out of my trance.

"Ms. Y/N, the Editor in Chief wants to see you in his office. He said it's urgent." A fellow co-writer of mine informed me.

"I'll be there in an instant." I said giving her a nod before proceeding to the EIC's office.

I knocked three times before entering the door with the golden plated sign reading "Editor in Chief". Closing the door behind me, I stood in my professional posture.

"May I help you, sir?" I asked in a professional tone.

"Ms. Y/N, What do you think is that?" The EIC asked his eyes sending me a glare.

"That's a story, sir." I answered, my posture unwavering.

"Ah, a story." He repeated calmly. "Tell me Ms. Y/N, in your opinion, what should a story have?"

I looked at him straight in the eyes. "A story should have a plot, elements and a manuscript. A story is made not to entertain people but to express the writer's emotions, thoughts, and ideas. However, a story should be interesting-"

"That's the magic word, Ms. Y/N. A story should be interesting." The EIC interrupted me. "Now tell me, what's interesting in that stack of papers you gave me earlier this morning?"

"Life." I answered plainly making the EIC angry.

"What do you mean life?! That's like a journal of someone-"

"Sir, I'll repeat what you lectured us before when I'm still a newbie." I spat, glaring at the EIC. "A story is made to express it's writer's imagination. It's made for readers to understand every side of things in a different way based on the point of view of the writer. It is the writer's passion."

The EIC chuckled. "You talk about passion now, Ms. Y/N? Well, I'm telling you, the story you made is nothing but boring. Is that what you call passion? I thought you'd have better than that. Seems like the best writer is now steeping low in her department she called her passion."

"You don't have the right to tell me what do I write. You're just here to edit the possible grammatical errors, wrong choice of words and other mistakes a writer accidentally made. You don't have the right to rate my story like it's just a piece of trash." I stated, glaring at the EIC.

"You're an ungrateful bitch, do you know that? Leave, before I do something you'll regret, Ms. Y/N." The EIC ordered. " And bring this piece of trash with you."

I glared at the EIC before stomping out of his office with the manuscript I passed, earlier today. I made sure to slam the door hard to atleast lessen the anger I've felt from the previous argument I had.

I bite the inside of my cheek while walking back to my office. I don't want to have a sudden outburst here that would surely embarrass me and the whole company if an outsider saw an employee here already gone crazy.

When I arrived at my office, I threw the manuscript I made in the trash and made my way to my own desk. I started gathering my important documents and my bag because I needed to leave immediately.

Not that I'm resigning but I don't think I could work today. My energy is really low and I'm in a bad mood. It'll just get in the way with my occupation and ruin everything I build to reach the position I have now.

Sighing, I went out of my office to the lift. On my way out, a group of men in their suits walked acrossed me. I bowed to pay my respect to them, partly to remain unnoticed but someone notice my sudden leave.

"Are you planning to have an early lunch, Ms. Y/N?" A familiar man's voice asked.

Meeting the man's gaze, I gave him a soft smile. "No sir, I'm planning to take the day off for today. I'm having a bad headache and I think I can't perform my tasks properly if I'm ill. So if you won't mind, I want to go home." I said my eyes not leaving his scrutinizing gaze.

"Ofcourse miss. Have a nice rest and don't forget to take care of yourself." The man smiled but the glint of worry in his eyes tells that he should know what's happening.

"Thank you and please have a nice day, Mr. Jeon." I smiled to which he gave me a short nod.

Before going home, I decided to buy my favorite drink and something for one certain being that cheers me up all the time.

I contemplated before grabbing ingredients because I feel like cooking dinner tonight and not going outside or ordering fast food. He'll surely stay the night with me after today's work.

My phone's sudden vibration caught my attention and I checked to see a message from the certain man I've been mentioning just now.

To: (You)sweetheart <3

I'm staying the night over your apartment. No complains. I'll be there before dinner. I love you, sweetheart <3

From: sweetheart <3