"Hamdan."

"Yeah?" He mumbles while his lips move down to my neck.

"What are you going to do?" I ask.

"I'm going to my meetings." He replies between kisses.

"No, not about today." I correct.

He pushes himself up to look at me. "About what, then?"

I press my lips together. "Your engagement."

"Oh!" He rolls over to lay down on the bed. "Well, since you won't marry me, I guess I'll marry her and get that over with."

I spring up to sit. "What?"

"Do you care?" He challenges.

"Wh-- I-- Of course! I love you, I don't want you to marry anyone else!"

"But you won't marry me either?"

"Exactly!"

He laughs and extends his arms to me. "Come here."

I rest on his chest as before, his fingers moving up and down on my arm.

"Of course I won't marry her." He says. "How could I? I'll talk to our mother in January, like we had agreed. It won't be pretty, though." He finishes with a sigh.

"I know." I agree. "Do you ever wonder what it would be like if... you know, if they knew?"

"About us?"

"Yes."

"I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that they would be thrilled. I don't know, maybe if I wasn't engaged. But you know what? I don't care."

"How could you not?" I wonder.

He slides over to his side and looks at me face to face with both our heads resting on the pillows.

"I don't." He shrugs. "You have taught me so much since you came back and there are so many things I would be willing to change or give up, but not this." His palm lands gently on the side of my face. "Not in a million years."

---

My sisters do shopping a little differently. They have personal shoppers and they were kind enough to introduce me to them and I guess they're also my personal shoppers now. We usually arrange to meet at this beautiful upscale apartment where the shoppers bring clothes, shoes, bags, everything. How do they manage to get all of that? I have no idea. But they already know our sizes and style and they are very good at their job.

Hamdan stayed for a little bit longer and we... well, we kind of lost track of time and now I'm running late. I give my hair a little shake inside the elevator, it is still wet and didn't have any time for makeup or a cute outfit, I only grabbed a pair of jeans, t-shirt and white sneakers. The doors open right into the apartment and I find all the girls chatting and laughing.

"Layla! Welcome!" Annie, one of the shoppers, comes to give me a hug while holding a hanger with a dress in one hand.

"So sorry I'm late." I apologize.

"Not a problem, dear. Would you like anything to drink?" She offers.

"Do you have any orange juice?"

"Sure!" She smiles broadly. "Have a seat and we'll get your drink, okay?"

I notice Maryam talking to a girl on the back of the room, maybe she works here too. The rest of my sisters are sitting in the living area. I kiss them both on the cheek and finally take a seat next to Sheikha, while Annie shows Latifa the dress she was holding when I arrived.