4. Never Known A Feeling Of Comfort

WARNING: Abuse, not super graphic in this chapter, but still :) There's also swearing in this chapter, but I will bleep it out for the sake of those who aren't comfortable with swearing

This is kinda bad, but I wanted to hurry and get it out there. There will be one, maybe two more chapters that will have a time skip, and then it'll go the present :)

Also this is unedited, so sorry for any spelling/grammar errors

Word Count: 2213

Title from "Silence" -Marshmello

-----

*2 Weeks Later*

"Goodnight Anne!" Liam called as the older woman retired to her room. She gave them a weary smile before closing the door.

"Goodnight boys."

Liam tossed his shirt aside as he crawled into bed. Before his head had even hit the pillow, the door swung open.

"Li?" A small voice asked. Liam peeked above the covers to see Louis standing in the doorway. "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Liam grinned. Louis had asked this every night since they'd found each other. He didn't even know why the younger boy bothered asking anymore.

"Course."

Louis smiled before carefully crawling under the covers and snuggling close to his brother. Liam placed an arm protectively around Lou. Louis buried his head into his older brothers chest. Liam let out a content sigh.

"I missed this."

Louis huffed. "It doesn't feel right."

Liam frowned, ruffling Louis's hair. "I know. But we just have to take what we can get for now."

And Louis was right. This didn't feel right, not without the smallest boys body wedged between them, with his head on Liam's chest, and Louis's arm gripped tightly to his own. Liam sighed, pulling his middle brother closer to him. 

"We'll find him, Lou. You know that, right?"

Louis let out a dry chuckle. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if we didn't. Knowing he's out there all alone, and-"

"Hey, hey." Liam interrupted, not allowing his brother to spiral into a panic attack. "Don't think about that."

There were a few moments of silence before Liam felt tears begin to fall onto his bare chest. Glancing down, he could see Louis starting to tear up.

"Remember when he used to wear that dragon onesie all the time?"

Liam laughed. "He'd always pretend to eat everything, and set everyone on fire."

"And when he'd hit me with his crutches?"

"Remember the time when we got a call from Danny Feilding's mom saying he'd give himself a huge dose of Danny's insulin and had to go to the hospital?"

Louis laughed. "Or the time when we lost him in the supermarket, only to find him trying to go home with some old lady because she had Coca Pops?"

"And when he tried to eat your Lego's?"

The boys continued sharing fond memories of their youngest brother, laughing and crying until they were on the verge of falling asleep.

"I miss him." Louis whispered. "So, so much."

"We'll find him." Liam promised. 

-----

Several days later, Liam was worried for his brother. He knew that Louis always became closed off when something was bothering him. Louis had been shut off ever since they had that talk about Niall.