Chapter 2

A/N Well I hope you guys are liking this so far,  This chapter is when the story really starts to get dark. It was kind of fun to write though, grins evilly. Anyway, Let me know what you think. I'm still not sure whether I should rate this as mature or not. I'll stop rambling now, go ahead and read the chapter. 

As Perseus and Khione walked away Leo was thinking about what they'd said. He glanced down at the plate of food he'd abandoned when Perseus and Khione showed up, but he quickly realised that he had lost his appetite. He sighed, not sure what to think anymore. One of the nicest people he'd ever known had somehow become a psychopath. Although Leo was reluctant to acknowledge it at first he had to admit that the gods were the reason why Percy had ended up like this.

He even had to admit that Percy had good reason to hate the gods, and he thought that at least some of Percy's reasons for hating them were true. Leo's mind also wandered to calypso, he was sure that she was probably really worried about him and he knew he missed her as well. Despite Percy's suggestion that it wouldn't be a good idea Leo considered ways that he might be able to escape. Unfortunately for him he didn't make any progress. He didn't have anything he could use to pick the cell's lock, He couldn't use his powers and his toolbelt had been taken when Percy brought him here.

He also considered Percy's offer to join him. While he had to admit that Percy made some good points he would never be able to fight and kill his friends.

The idea of Joining Percy and acting as a spy, secretly giving information about Percy's plans to Chiron and the gods also occurred to him, but he couldn't do that either. Percy wasn't stupid, he'd said that if Leo wanted to join him he would have to swear on the styx not to betray him. Leo was sure that secretly giving information to Percy's enemies would count as betrayal and Leo didn't want to know what might happen to him if he broke an oath on the river styx.

While Leo was puzzling over what he should do Perseus had gone to the base where many of his warriors were training and preparing for the battles that were soon to come. Some of his forces consisted of Demigods who he had recruited. They needed the most training since some of them had never even been to either of the camps. Perseus stayed at the base for a while working with those demigods to improve their skills with their chosen weapon. For obvious reasons the only demigods he didn't work with were those who had chosen to be archers. They were trained by a daughter of Apollo who had spent several years at Camp Half blood before Percy had succeeded in recruiting her to his cause.

Annabeth Chase was not someone who was easily frightened, or at least she never used to be. She had faced numerous monsters, titans, giants, and even the earth goddess Gaea, yet somehow she'd made it through all of that and traveled through Tartarus without breaking. Tartarus in particular had been difficult and frightening, but she'd made it through with her sanity.

Somehow the one thing that bothered her the most was watching how Tartarus had basically destroyed her ex boyfriend Percy Jackson. He had started to change while they were still in that Hellhole, she would never forget how he had manipulated Achlys' poisons and how he had only stopped when she pleaded with him. Gradually Tartarus had turned Percy into a darker twisted version of himself. She knew that he had hid how he'd changed at first, but even then she had seen through his facade, after all they were still dating at the time, and she was no fool. Over time he also seemed to have developed a hatred toward the gods, as his temper got worse and he became more violent she knew she shouldn't stay in a relationship where she might end up getting hurt. But she couldn't bring herself to end their relationship. Despite what he had become part of her still loved him. She also blamed herself for what had happened to him. Afterall he had fallen into the pit to protect her.

Multiple times she had suggested he talk to Chiron or his father to see if they knew of something that could change him back but she had begun to worry that he didn't want to change back. Her life had been changed forever when she overheard Percy talking to Khione about leaving camp and joining the upcoming war against the gods. She told him that she would tell chiron and tried to stop him from leaving but in the end he captured her.