Chapter 7 •Six•

"Why are your eyes red?" I asked. "They were brown...but now..."

Silas let my wrist go and pinched his eyes shut for a moment. "You aren't ready." That's all he said before sitting back down. "I'm keeping the fork, eat the fuckin' fruit with your hands. Tomorrow you're going to start walking with crutches, you heal a lot faster than normal. Which is really fucking weird."

"...Aren't you going to punish me?" Silas looked up and a weird look swirled in his eyes. I was almost afraid they were glow again. My eyes were red at times but they would never glow like that.

"Seriously, what do you mean by that?" I pressed my lips together and stayed quiet. "You know I'm not letting that dick face take you, right? Do you know what's gonna happen after you're all healed up?"

"You're going to kill me?" Silas scoffed out a laugh and shook his head.

"Why would I let you heal just to kill you?"

"So I suffer from the wait." I leaned my head back while staring at him. He smiled a oddly satisfying smile and shook his head. "I don't understand why you're laughing."

"If I really wanted to kill you, I would've done it the minute you attacked me," he said while I tilted my head to the side curiously. "Kid, there's so much you don't know about who exactly you work for, right? At first I thought you knew at least something, but you said it yourself. You don't even know who exactly your boss is. You don't have the information we need, but they left evidence in your body. So I know exactly who your boss is now."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, my mind immediately beginning to race. "Evidence? In my body? How?" Silas scowled softly and reached out to touch the back of my neck.

"The nurse found a chip in your neck. A chip they use to track you. It was really hard getting it out but we did it," He paused and let out a sigh. I reached up and felt the bandaging around that area as well, flinching when our fingers brushed against each other. He drew his hand back with hesitance and smiled.

"If you want I can show you. I knew just by looking at it that it was definitely Johnathan's," Silas sighed out before looking at me. "Or Mr. Pride. Or Mr. Turgenev..."

Mr. Turgenev. That was the name on the envelope I received. "Ah so you know his last name?" Silas chuckled out. "We plan on destroying the chip soon and the minute it's destroyed, they'll know we have you. They'll know that we've found out their little attempt to have me killed. And they'll know how fucked in the ass they are." He leaned back in his chair and smirked slyly.

"Fucked in the ass?" Silas snorted at me as I spoke.

"Sorry, my first time hearing you curse and you use that phrase," He muttered with a grin. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my lap.

"If they find out I failed, they'll come for me. You'll be attacked. If I'm not given back—"

"Since when did that matter? You don't have the chip inside you anymore, you're not wherever the fuck you came from anymore. You're here. Are you being paid to kill?" Silas narrowed his eyes at me. Slowly, I shook my head.

"No..."

"They have someone you love being held hostage?"

"...No"

Silas hummed and sighed. "Then why do you work for them?"

"I always have." He looked at me confused before his eyes ran up and down face face as if he were studying it. "I've always worked for them. Since I was a child. I've been training as an assassin since I was a child."

"How old?" Silas whispered a bit. I paused and frowned, not sure if I was allowed to tell him these sort of things about myself.

"Since I was 11 years old I think..." I whispered back, wringing the edge of the blankets around in my hands. "But I've grown up like this. I'm not being paid, I live in my room. I train and get check ups and eat and be used. That's my home."

"Sounds more like a prison. You have any friends? Play outside, learn?" A prison?

"No. I'm not allowed to, I've never had friends before or parents. I don't have siblings either. Maybe Damon-" I stopped and my eyes widened. Fuck. Silas sat on the edge of his chair.

"Six, look at me." My eyes slowly met his. "Good...Have you ever thought of just staying here? They can't track you and might think your dead. If they come here, we can hide you."

"Hide me..."

"They don't you well, right? Where do you sleep?" He kept asking so many questions.

"I sleep in my cell. My room..." I muttered.

"On a bed with a bed frame? Do you get TV? Your own shower?" I frowned and tilted my head. My bed was a bunch of blankets piled on each other like a cushion. And I used a thin sheet to keep warm at night. I've never had a mattress before. I'm barely allowed to watch TV. Only when I'm extremely useful will that happen. But I've never seen live television, just old movies on tape. There are cameras in the bathroom to monitor me. They control the water and sometimes I hope they don't burn or stun me on purpose.

"No...I don't have any of that. I have a shower but...I have to...share it...I guess."

"I train assassins here too. If you stay here, you'll be trained and you'll have a life outside of training." He gripped my hand gently and my fingers curiously stroked the palm of his hand. Silas didn't even flinch but he did tighten his hold.

"You'll have a bed and a TV. A real meal for once. I know they barely feed you, I'm not stupid. You could barley stomach the shit we gave you at first and since then you've been eating foods that are easier to digest," Silas grumbled.

"What if I try to kill you again?" I asked leaning forward a bit. Silas smirked at me rather quickly and he leaned forward as well. My face felt really hot and it travelled to my ears too. I wonder if I'm getting another fever.

"Keyword is try, baby boy." Why does he keep calling me that? "I'll make you a deal," He paused and stood up, placing a hand beside my head and gripping my wrist. He rubbed his thumb at the center of my palm. Silas had warm hands that weren't unbearable. "When you begin to get up and walk, I'll give you everything that I was talking about. You don't try shit, stay here for a little while and...if you absolutely prefer that pathetic cell you have to live in, I'll let you try to go." He stood up straight and held out his hand for me. "Deal?"

I stared at it while thinking about his offer. "What happens if I deny the deal?" Silas stared into my eyes and I could feel the room grow incredibly cold. A shiver ran down my spine like it was winter and I almost wanted him to hold me so I wouldn't grow cold anymore.

"Want to find out, Six?" I couldn't take my eyes off of him and I suddenly came to the conclusion that he was some form of a god. I slid my hand into his and shook it.

"Deal."