“Yes, that you did even with the mischief you did.”

“It’s not my fault. I was just defending myself.” Oriel responds.

“Hey guys!” Kyle greets us as he joins us. 

I smile at him, he comes to give me a hug before giving one to the rest of our friends.

“How is everyone?” Kyle asks.

“We are doing great, but we want to hear from you.” Ryan says. “How is it living in California?” 

“I like having the beach closer.”

“Any love interests?” Oriel asks. “Now I can see your face expression.”

“No.” Kyle responds.

“I’m sure that is not true.” Oriel says.

“Oh, he has an admirer.” I say.

“He does? Who?” Oriel asks excitedly.

“Someone that works with him.”

“Don’t you say anything else.” Kyle says.

“Aww, come on. It’s not a bad thing to have an admirer.” I respond.

“I’m not interested and Oriel doesn’t need to be pestering me about it.”

“I wouldn’t do that!” Oriel exclaims.

“We know you would.” Ryan says.

“Fine, don’t say anything.” Oriel says crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Alex, kiss Oriel’s pout away.” Kyle says chuckling. “I miss this.”

“We miss you too.” Oriel says. “Although, you don’t want to tell us anything.”

“Love you too.” Kyle says to Oriel.

“Let’s go eat.” I say before they get into one of their silly arguments.

We all find our seats on the table, Xavier at the head, Angel next to me. Then, Kyle, Oriel, Alex, Katelyn and Ryan. We had to scoot in together, but that’s the fun part. We serve ourselves, we talk and joke. As per tradition, we each say something we are thankful for.

I start it off, “I’m thankful for my family and friends. What are you thankful for Angel?”

“For my parents.” Angel says.

“And me.” Celestine adds making us chuckle and smile.

“Yes, for my sister.”

“Kyle?” I ask.

“For staying connected to you all even though I’m across the country.”

“For my boyfriend and friends.” Oriel says.

“For getting to know all of you and Oriel.” Alex says.

“For you all and Ryan.” Katelyn. says.

“For my family and Katelyn.” Ryan says.

“For my dad and dad and my twin.” Celestine says.

“For my husband and my son and daughter.” Xavier says turning to each of us.

“Let’s toast.” I say. 

We continue our celebration in the living room, where we play a movie for the twins and we keep talking. When the twins seem to be falling asleep, I send them to change into their pajamas. They come back to say goodnight, and ask Kyle to read them a story. It has slowly become a tradition that every time Kyle comes they ask him to read them a bedtime story.