39. Giddy

Enjoy! :)

---------------------

I wake up and I don't see Ky next to me. I call out his name, but I don't get a response. I scoot to the edge and see flower petals. I follow them to see a path that leads out of the bedroom. I smile as I follow the path. It takes me to the kitchen where I see breakfast has been set out and I find a note.

Good morning, Chubby,

I had to go to work. I didn't want to wake you up. I made you all breakfast. Enjoy and I'll call you later.

I love you,

Ky.

I feel my heart skip a beat. I still can't believe Ky has loved me all of these years and that we're dating.

I look back at the breakfast Ky prepared. It's an assortment of fruits; strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, and oranges. He also made waffles. I smile. He is too sweet. I go back to the bedroom to retrieve my cell phone and I send him a text and go check on the twins. They are still asleep and looking at the clock I see it's seven thirty in the morning; they should be waking up any minute now. I pick up the flower petals. I don't want to have to explain why they're there. I go back to the kitchen. I'll hear them when they wake up. As I sit down, my phone vibrates. I open the text to see it's from Ky.

Hey Chubby. I hope you're enjoying breakfast. :) I love you.

It makes me blush for some reason. Will I get used to him saying, I love you? Now knowing how long he has. When will I tell him, I love him? I think I do, but at the same time I'm afraid to say it aloud.

I am. Thank you again. I write and click send.

A few minutes later, I hear footsteps down the hall and whispering. Then, I hear them closer to the kitchen.

"Do you think daddy is in there?" Celestine asks.

"Shh, he'll hear us." Angel replies.

I smile. I keep quiet as I let them find me sitting on the chair.

"Boo! Daddy!" Angel says as I hear their footsteps stop.

With my hand over my heart, I turn around, "I thought it was a ghost." I say.

"Daddy, you knew it was us. We're the only ones here. Well Rocky too, but he doesn't speak." Celestine says walking in further.

"Well, yes, but Angel said Boo."

"But we are Angel and Celestine." She replies.

"Okay, so do you both want breakfast?"

"Yes." Both of them respond.

"Take a seat. Breakfast is ready. I'll just heat up the waffles and get you some milk."

"Can we have some whipped cream?" Angel asks.

"We don't have some, so only syrup."

"Okay." Angel responds.

After serving their breakfast, I join them at the table, "So what do you think of living here?" I ask them. It's been more than a year that we've lived with Ky.

"I like it." Celestine replies.

"I like living with Kyle." Angel responds.

"So you both wouldn't mind living here permanently?" I had told them that we would stay to live with Kyle for a while and then we would see where we would move.

Both nod their head no.

"I want to stay here with Kyle." Angel states.

I smile. Should I ask them? Has enough time passed? It seems to soon.

"Is Kyle going to be our new dad?" Celestine asks.

It takes me by surprise. I'm glad I was just about to drink the coffee and was not drinking it. "What makes you says that?" I ask.

"Is he? I like him." Angel asks.

"We are staying here to live with him." Celestine explains.

"But that doesn't mean we are together." I explain.

"And you sleep in the same room." Angel states.

How does he know that? We made it a point to wake up earlier than they do, so they won't know. "What makes you say that?" I ask him.

"That's where Rocky sleeps."

That's a habit that Rocky hasn't broken if he's not sleeping near the twins he is sleeping near me. I have no reply to that.

"Do you like him daddy?" Celestine asks.

"Of course, I like him."

"Do you like him as you liked dad?" Angel asks.

I feel like I've been caught doing something again. Where—How did they know what I myself am trying to figure out? I know I more than like him. I think I like him more than I did Xavier. They are both waiting for me to respond. "I don't know."

"I like him." Angel says again before he goes back to eating.

"Me too daddy." Celestine agrees before she goes back to eating.

"You like spending time with Kyle." Angel states.

"You don't spend time with other friends." Celestine adds.

"That doesn't mean I love him like I did your dad." I say. Who am I kidding? I take a drink of the coffee and watch them. They are more perceptive that I realized.

"I want him as my other dad." Angel states almost making me choke.

"What?"

"He can be our other dad." Celestine explains. "He makes you smile."

"I smile."

"You're more happy."

"Can we go to the park?" Angel asks.

Did he intentionally change the subject? "Yes, we can and then we'll meet up with Kyle for lunch." Ugh, maybe I shouldn't have said that. I think when they both smile knowingly. They're just seven year olds.

"Angel said we sleep in the same room." I say now that we're in bed.

"How did he know? What did you respond?" Ky asks surprised.

"I asked him how he knew. He said because Rocky sleeps near me."

"We forgot about that."

"Yes."

"Did you tell him we are?"

"I didn't have a chance to say otherwise because Celestine asked if I like you like I did their dad."

"What did you respond?" Ky ask, his gaze intensifying.

"I-I told them I didn't know." I whisper. I see his face fall a little making me feel guilty, "But that's not the truth."

"What is the truth?" Ky asks not breaking eye contact.

"I think that I don't, that I like you more than I did him...I think I love you."

A grin spreads on Ky's face and his eyes get moist, "I love you." He states before crashing his lips against mine.

I smile against his lips and open my mouth without hesitation and wrap my arms around his neck. It's the most passionate kiss we've shared.

Ky breaks the kiss, but leans his forehead against mine. "I love you."

I peck his lips.

"Can I ask you? Do you, what do you think of telling the twins about us being boyfriends?" Ky asks.

My eyes widen slightly before I respond, "Yes."

He gives me a hug. "You just made me the happiest man, Chubby." He whispers in my ear causing me to shiver. He takes my earlobe between his teeth before letting it go and smiling at me.

Tease. I smile.

-------------------

Thank you for reading, voting, and/or commenting!