20. Echo

Back to back update! :) Enjoy!

--------------------

The remaining days of the summer break go by with us buying everything the twins will need for their first day of school. A few days before the beginning of the school year, Xavier is called to go supervise a job. It seems like things are repeating again. I hope they are not. 

“Daddy, I want to help?” Celestine says as she brings her comforter trailing behind her; also Angel with his blanket in his arms.

Smiling, I ask, “With what?”

“Laundry, daddy. I brought my comforter.”

“Yes, I see you’re also sweeping the floor with it.” I say as I take it from her.

“It’s long.”

“Yes, you could have waited for me to go get it.”

“But, we want to help.” Angel says trying to drop his blanket on the hamper almost causing it to fall.

“Okay, how about you both follow me while I get the rest of the clothes? Then, you can help fold the clothes once they’re washed.”

“Okay.” Celestine responds running back to their bedroom.

“Be careful.” It doesn’t matter how many times I tell her to not run inside the house, she and Angel, do.

“Dad?”

“Yes. What are we eating?”

“Do you want to help me with that?”

“Yes, can we have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and watermelon?”

“We can, but we don’t have anymore watermelon. I think we can go buy it after we finish the laundry.”

“Yes!”

“Dad, what else are we washing?” Celestine asks.

“Your towels.”

“I’ll get them.” She says going into the bathroom.

“Angel, can you pass me her pillow? We need the pillow sheets too.”

“Okay.” 

We finish gathering all the clothes and return to the laundry room to find Rocky next to the hamper that is now on the floor.

“Rocky!” Angel exclaims as he tries to get him away from the clothes.

“He just wanted to help too.” Celestine says smiling.

“Okay, put all the dark colors in one pile.” I say dropping a shirt on the side. “And all the light color in this pile.”

Soon all the clothes are in their respective pile and the first load is loaded.

“Can we go buy the watermelon?” Angel asks.

I guess, it would be a quick trip and nothing would happen if we leave the washer on. I nod, “Yes, we can, but we’re just getting the watermelon. It has to be a quick trip, okay?”

“Yes!”

“Can we take Rocky with us?”

“Yes, let’s go. But remember he has to stay in the car.”

“Yes, dad.” Celestine responds.

“Dad, why can’t we use a knife?” Celestine asks.

“Because they can be dangerous. You can use a spoon. I’ll use a spoon. You’re going to use the back of the spoon to scoop up the peanut butter. Like this.” I say. “And then spread it like this on one of the bread slices.”