i

now playing; "apocalypse by cigarettes after sex

"Oh no!" Yuki Fujimori hummed to herself quietly as she ran toward the large group of kids surrounding the gate of their entrance exam. She was a minute from being late. Her feet carried her so fast and aimlessly that she bumped into the person in front of her. The figure stood their ground and sent her tumbling backwards on her feet a little, but she managed to keep her balance. Yuki looked up to see who she had crashed into: it was a boy with black hair that hung down into his eyes. She scrunched up her nose as she let out a groan. "Oh gosh-- I'm so sorry!"

His hair hid his eyes but they were red. It was a cool-toned red, like rubies and lipstick stains. Under his cloud of bangs, Yuki could see that his ears were pierced, with black silicone gauges sticking out past his lopes. The boy's wrists were littered in rubber band bracelets, some with words and others with studs. As dark as his exterior was, his smile was so bright. He looked like a night full of stars.

The boy turned around as he rubbed his neck. Once he had set eyes on the person who had run into him, he smiled again. "Oh, it's alright little lady." He offered out his hands to help keep her stable. "Are you okay?" He asked, twisting fully on his heels to face her. "I mean, why the rush?"

Yuki felt her cheeks glow red as she looked away from him, "I got lost. I couldn't find this building for the life of me."

He stifled back a laugh at her soft rambling. "Well it looks like you got some sense of direction," he chuckled in a raspy tone. "Because you got here just in time." He flashed another smile toward her through his raven bangs. "I'm Kirishima Eijirou."

"Fujimori Yuki." She mumbled and hesitantly stuck her hand out for Kirishima to take. Which he did.

"Pretty name," he complimented and watched as a pink-tinted dust fell back over her cheeks.

"Oh! Thank you."

Yuki hid her smile as she gazed down at the cobblestone. She didn't know who the boy was, or why he was being so nice to her since she was a complete stranger, but she smiled. He seemed safe in a way, like how flower fields feel safe no matter the time of day. Or how the light that radiated off of fairy lights felt safe. Yuki felt strongly about him and she knew she wouldn't mind sticking by him, even if it was just for the exam.

Before Kirishima could respond, a boy with ash-blond hair came barging in between them. He roughly pushed the pair apart and walked away from them, "Tsk, extras."

The blond had been much stronger than either Yuki or Kirishima had expected, and his shove almost sent her to the ground. Kirishima was quick to react and grabbed her waist to stop her from falling. "Are you okay?" he breathed out softly, his rose petal eyes trained on hers.

Yuki gasped ast the sudden movement; everything had seemed to happen so fast. As she made her way back up to the balls of her feet, Yuki finally felt his fingers grazing her hip bones. She gently brushed them off. "Yes, thank you, again."

"No problemo." He hummed in a deep tone, letting his hands sink far into his jean pockets. "I wonder what his problem was? Like kinda a douche move, right?"

"I'm not sure... I mean yeah!" Yuki paused. "A real douche." She looked over her shoulder at the blond's descending figure. Yuki felt her eyes linger on him, even though he had been rude and she was sure he wasn't worth her gaze. Yet, there was something about the way he carried himself-- with his hands in his pockets and head down--that confused her. His brutish personality didn't match the way he presented himself, which was tenderly with the ghost of insecurity. She wished she would have gotten a better look at him besides just the back of his head.

The sound of the large gates opening guided her attention away from the blond. Kirishima was quick to tug at Yuki's wrist and pull her toward the gate. "Come on little one! The exam is starting!"

Yuki tripped over her feet and tried her best to keep up with Kirishima's keen steps. she widened her eyes lightly at just how long and fast his steps were, nearly dragging Yuki. "Little one?" She spoke up as they flew through the gates of their entrance exam. "Who said you could call me that?" She laughed, although she didn't mind. Yuki had never had a nickname before, and there was something about his tone that twisted her stomach up with that same safe warmth.

"I did!" He bellowed, letting go of her hand. Their eyes fell onto the large, blundering robots that stomped their way. "I hope you don't mind-- since we're friends now I thought it'd be cool."

Friends? Yuki had almost forgotten that those existed, but she didn't complain. Not now, not with a friend.