xxv

now playing: white noise by James Marriott 

soft rain drizzled past the exhausted hillsides as the sun kissed the sky goodbye. the grey-hair girl strolled down the sidewalk that led up to the familiar academic building decorated in a black hooded sweatshirt. the lights inside u.a were dimmed and it looked as though nobody was there. though being summer break, it didn't surprise her.

she tumbled up to the front doors and softly bought her hand up to the handles. giving a light yank, the door pulled open smoothly.

she pulled her body out of the cold as she stepped inside of the building she hadn't seen in nearly two weeks. a blanket of comfort fell over her as her feet carried her down the hallway.

as she passed closed doors and darkened corners, yuki let out a sigh. was this empty building truly where she was meant to be? did she fit in here? was she missed as much as bakugou was? yuki found herself wandering right up to her home room class door. to simply humor herself, yuki reached out to grab the door handle. though she furrowed her brow when the door knob started to twist on its on.

the door pushed outward and a very tired man stepped outside. his under eye circles were darker than she had ever seen them before, and his hair was tussled forward in his eyes instead of neatly tied back.

"aizawa?" she called softly, making him look up from the ground. aizawa gasped as he stared down at her, and she watched as his coffee cup dropped from his hands. the delicate glass shattered at her feet.

"fujimori?" he questioned as though he didn't believe she was standing in front of him.

"im here," she murmured softly. aizawa wasted no time in stretching his arms out and engulfing the girl into a tight hug. yuki clutched the material of his suit as she swung her arms around his waist. aizawa had one of his hands around her neck while the other worked it's way up to her hair.

"you're okay?" he inquired as he set his chin on top of her head. "you're not hurt?"

"not anymore than i was when i left," she chuckled lightly. aizawa pulled away and lifted her chin up using his thumb. his eyes inspected her face to make sure it was free of any injury. " 'm okay," she confirmed. "really, i am."

aizawa nodded softly and pulled her back into the hug. she laughed and inhaled his scent. "im going to kill that kid when i see him," aizawa bitterly huffed out. yuki widened her eyes at his statement.

"w-who?" she asked, her words slightly slurred against his chest.

"that scarred bastard—" he paused. "forgive me for my language," aizawa apologized quickly. he pulled away from the hug to look at yuki. "i meant the villain that goes by the name dabi," he took a deep breath. "bakugou told me— dont be mad at him please, i asked if he recognized who had taken you two and he was so shaken up during the whole thing that he rambled on for hours."

"im not mad," she hummed after she realized he wasn't talking about shigaraki. she knew what he did was bad and he had bad intentions as well, but the pair had grown very close during the few days they were together. she didn't want him to get hurt.

"no?" aizawa asked. yuki shook her head. "good, because as soon as he realized that he had told me, he practically went silent the rest of the night."