xxi

now playing: infinity by Jaymes young 

"will you pass me the celery, katsuki?" yuki asked softly as bakugou chopped up carrots for the stew. he stopped and set down his knife for a moment to be able to push the bowl of celery her way.

"here you go," he replied and gave her a smile.

"thank you," she returned the gesture.

yuki had been back up on her feet for a few days now, and was gushing at the fact that she was healed enough to go to the summer training camp. she passed her final exams with flying colors and even opted to help tutor kirishima with bakugou the day before the exams took place.

her body was a little sore from the day prior since class 1a had to fight their way through the forrest to be able to get to camp, but she still smiled at the soft aching pain. yuki hadn't done a lot of fighting since her quirk didn't work as fast at the those in her class but instead she spent most of the trip healing her classmates when they needed it.

"hey—" bakugou huffed as kaminari started to mess around with the beef that was going to be the main part of the stew. "be careful with that."

"i wanna help!" kaminari whined and stomped his foot a little. yuki flicked her eyes over to the two boys as she started to pour the carrots and celery into the big stew pot.

"denki?" she questioned before wiping her hands on the apron momo had created for her.

"yes?" he grinned and slightly pushed the frowning ash-blond out of the way so he could stare at yuki.

"how often do you cook?"

kaminari paused for a moment as he thought before scratching the back of his neck. "does instant ramen count?" he asked with a nervous wavier in his voice.

yuki watched as bakugou furrowed his eyebrows and began to open his mouth. she hurried to stand in front of him as she gave a weak smile toward her electric friend. "um, maybe it would be best if you left most of the cooking to bakugou and me."

"awe," he pouted as he slowly trudged over to where kirishima was sitting.

"denki?" she called again. he gave a half-hearted twist of his head as he droped his shoulders dramatically.

"yeah?"

"will you help me serve the food to the others when it's done?" denki eyes lit up as he rushed to straighten his posture.

"of course!" he yelled and happily ran over to mina and kirishima.

yuki chuckled softly as she twisted to look up at bakugou. "what?" she asked when she noticed his small smirk and his crossed arms.

"you treat him like he's your child," he teased as he twisted on his heels to be able to slice and chop up the beef.

"better than yelling at him," yuki commented back with another breathy laugh. she bumped her hip into his, earning her a gentle grin from the boy. "and besides, he just wanted to be included somehow."

"who says i was going to yell at him?" bakugou asked with his eyebrow tilted upward. yuki shook her head.

"you have a tell," she giggled to herself.