32

"why can't i see your paintings?" minji whined as she looked at her boyfriend whose back is against the door to prevent her from opening it

she placed the tray of snacks and drinks that she was holding to the nearest table and tried to hold the doorknob to twist it but renjun was faster. he changed their position, making minji lean her back against the door as he pin her hands on the sides of her head. they were both breathing heavily, not expecting it to be some kind of an action scene.

minji looked at him in disbelief, "why are you overreacting? are you doing something illegal inside?"

"do you think i will do that?"

she trailed her eyes renjun's arms to his eyes, making the both of them chuckle because they find their position hilarious. "you can let me go now," minji dramatically sighed, acting like she was tired playing with him.

renjun kissed her nose, "i know what you're thinking, na minji." he stuck out his tongue and made faces, "i'm not going to-"

his girlfriend cut him off by moving her lips against his, slowly and passionately, making his breath hitch but soon close his eyes to melt in her touch. renjun's grip to minji's hands slowly loosened as his hand found its way around her waist and the other one cupped her cheek. when his lips travelled down to her neck, minji put her left hand on renjun's nape to guide him as her other hand search for the doorknob secretly.

minji could feel renjun's smirk against her skin when he interlaced his fingers with hers that were on the doorknob, "i told you i know what you're trying to do, baby."

the moment they pulled away, renjun suddenly let out a chuckle, making minji send him a death glare. "you didn't use the smudge proof lipstick," he told her in between his laughter while wiping the lip product that has spread on the sides of her lips using his thumb. "you're so cute."

she could only roll her eyes while laughing, "i only put a chapstick, that's why it isn't transfer proof."

"oh?" he licked his lips to taste the residue of the lipbalm left when they kissed, causing himself to bit his lip, suppressing a smile, "you're right. you're still using that cherry thing."

"do you like cherries?"

he hummed in agreement before a cocky smile plastered on his face, "i like it better when it's on you."

she let out a sigh of defeat when she realized that there is no way renjun's gonna let her see his works. "just make sure you're not hiding a corpse or whatever inside. i love you but i'm not gonna hesitate to call the cops," she joked.

her boyfriend engulfed her in a tight hug and swayed their body, "i love you too." he felt tired earlier when minji wasn't around but now, he became inspired enough to think that he can finish his last painting today. "i'm sorry but it's a surprise, baby."

"i'm sorry for being nosy," minji felt guilty about her eagerness to see his works.

he caressed her hair as he kissed her head, "no, you're not nosy, baby. i just want you to see it at the convention."

renjun swore he felt minji stiffened on her spot for a second before she swayed again. "is there something wrong?" he asked, worried because he felt something was off.

she shook her head in disagreement and changed the subject. "i forgot to feed the kittens!" she quickly ran to their feline friends with a box of cat food in her hand.

renjun walked behind her, "are you staying for the night?"

"i'm sorry i can't, baby. but i promise, i'll be staying overnight tomorrow," she placed some food on the container as the kittens happily feasted, making her and renjun smile.

"oh," he obviously sounded disappointed but he soon took it back by teasing minji, "then should we continue what we were doing earlier?"

he wrapped his arm around her waist as he teasingly traced her jawline using his other hand. he slowly leaned closer, ghosting his lips over hers. when renjun was about to end his teasing and finally kiss her, minji's body became weak and unintentionally dropped the pack she was holding, making the cat food scatter all over the floor.

"meow~"