21

a loud snap coming from a newly broken pencil lead was heard across the room where renjun and minji were taking their examination in art history

a loud snap coming from a newly broken pencil lead was heard across the room where renjun and minji were taking their examination in art history. it turned out to be from minji's mechanical pencil as she was aggressively writing on her answer sheets, making the girl shut her eyes tightly in frustration since she had to replace the lead and that will take her ages to succeed.

"i let you use a pencil for your initial answers since i don't tolerate erasures but make sure to write your final answers using a ballpoint pen or else it will be not be marked even if it's correct," ms. kang reminded them as the students responded with a quick yes.

renjun, who is sitting two seats away from her, stifled a laugh because he finds minji's expression while replacing the pencil lead to be cute then he stood up, carrying his things with him as he pass his paper to the professor. to be cleared on a possible accusation of cheating, renjun asked ms. kang if he could lend minji his pencil and eraser which the professor quickly granted.

frustrated because she still couldn't replace the lead, minji decided to answer with her biro. she was overwriting on her initial answers when a shadow casted over her figure. minji looked up and she saw renjun smiling brightly at her. she only realized now that renjun had already passed his paper since she was immersed on answering the test.

huang renjun handed her his pencil and eraser, making minji confused. she surely needed a pencil but an eraser? not so much. why is he giving me an eraser? she thought as she looked on the two erasers on the top of her desk.

"i'll be going now since i need to go to help for the engineering week. see you later!" he smiled before turning his back at minji to walk his way out of the lecture hall but soon turned around to face her again. "you might want to use the eraser," he winked at her before leaving the room for real.

even more confused than ever, minji held the eraser that renjun gave her and checked it to know what he meant by that. minji immediately bit her lip to suppress a smile when she saw four words written on the eraser.

"hey cutie, good luck :)"

minutes have passed, minji finally finished answering her test and now she didn't know anything else to do. she doesn't have any class today aside from art history but her friends' schedule is packed and her mother is probably still at work, making her all by herself for the rest of the day.

i think i should just go home and sleep, she thought as she bowed to the professor before exiting the hall.

she suddenly wanted to eat an ice cream while walking her way home, causing her to stop by the nearest convenience store from their house to satisfy her cravings. her plan of only buying an ice cream was a fail as she found herself carrying a large cup of cheese ramyeon, two samgak kimbap and two banana milk to the counter.

to her surprise, she saw chaeyoung on the cash register, working as a part timer in the convenience store. after the incident with youngho, they found themselves still not talking with each other but much more comfortable compared before. minji and chaeyoung just awkwardly greeted each other as minji paid for her food.

minji wanted to drink her banana milk already so she put her hand inside the plastic bag contaning her food, only to be confused when she felt something like paper. she took it out and found two bandages, making her check the receipt if she really bought it. when she found out that it wasn't punched in the receipt, she quickly went back to the counter.

"i think there was a mistake, i found these in the bag but i didn't pay for it," minji explained to chaeyoung as she showed the bandages to her.

chaeyoung hung her head low, "i put it there. your bandages seemed like they're going to fall off." she looked around to check the area if there will be customers coming before saying, "sit there, let me dress your wounds."