29

tears started dripping on minji's face as she say her line with a trembling voice, "why don't you just kill me like what you did to him?!"

the antagonist slowly stepped closer, approaching her as his sinister laugh echoed through the theater hall. anxiousness took over minji's body as she remembered that this was the scene that she has always messed up during their practice. her mind suddenly went blank and she couldn't talk or move at all.

the guy walking towards her looked at her as if he was telling minji to calm down and relax herself, but it didn't help her a bit. "do you really want to know, jangmi?" he asked in a low voice, trailing his fingers through her jaw.

jangmi, minji's character, was supposed to say her line but nothing was coming out from her mouth. the antagonist's eyes were shaking, thinking that they're gonna mess up the last scene. he began rubbing minji's cheek using his thumb to buy time until she comes back to her senses.

the antagonist decided to say his line without her reply, "if i can't have you, he shouldn't have you also. i love you so much i would kill anyone who wants to be with you other than myself!"

she discreetly looked at the audience to check their facial expressions, whether they are still enjoying the play or they are bored to death. some were bawling their eyes out because of the tragedy happened with jangmi and her lover, some were mad at the antagonist's twisted mind and some were yawning, probably bored because of the slow transition of the play. minji-ah, you promised you'll do well, right? she thought to herself.

"what a selfish jerk! he doesn't deserve you, jangmi!" someone from the audience exclaimed, earning some uproars from the people around them, agreeing to what the lady has said.

yelling is actually against the theater etiquette but the words that the audience blurted washed minji's worries away. thank you, mom, minji thought of giving her mom a big warm hug after the play because her voice made her what she should do for the ending scene.

minji pulled the dagger secured on the antagonist's belt and stage stabbed him, fake blood dripping from his stomach. "i hate you," she became numb because of the pain he had brought to her, pulling the weapon out of the antagonist.

"do you know how much it hurts? seeing your loved one die?" she stepped closer to place her lips dangerously close to him, almost kissing. "should i show it to you?"

she made the antagonist hold the dagger before stage stabbing herself, the bag of fake blood pouring over her chest, deepening the dagger. "if he can't have me, no else can," she told him before she fainted in his arms, making the antagonist scream her name, mad and in pain since the love of his life died because of him.

loud cheers and applause from the crying audience were heard as the curtains closed as a sign of the play has ended. it opened again to recognize the casts again and minji was surprised and moved when the cheers got louder when she was introduced. they soon bowed to the audience and thanked each other before leaving the stage to go to the dressing room.

she was taking off her huge earrings when someone suddenly hugged her, making her yelp in surprise. "my baby is an actress now," her mom cooed, stroking her hair. "you did great, honey."

tears started to form in minji's eyes but she chose not to let it out during this happy moment and hugged her mother back with jaemin eventually joining them. "i know your dad is proud of you too," she heard her mom whispered. how i wish dad is here too, minji sighed.

the family decided to leave her alone in the dressing room to let her change her clothes into comfortable ones because they're going to celebrate her first performance by eating samgupsal with her friends. after she put on her denim shorts, she tried to put the zipper down to change her top. i should've asked mom for this before they left, she sighed as she felt her arms cramping.

someone smoothly unzipped her gown and made her wear a familiar hoodie with a familiar scent. "i didn't see anything," renjun told her but his eyes were on the cloth while he's fixing the wrinkles.

"defensive," minji teased, smiling at him while removing the gown from her body.

renjun only chuckled at her girlfriend's silliness, "they already went to the barbecue house because you're taking your time changing so i figured that you had a problem with the zipper." he shifted his gaze to make their eyes meet and placed a quick peck on her lips, "i wasn't wrong, though."

minji engulfed her boyfriend to a warm hug, snuggling on his neck, "thank you so much, baby." they started to sway their body unconsciously. "i was so nervous for the last scene. good thing my mom shouted so i came back to my senses."

"i'm so proud of you," renjun smiled, brushing her stray hair with his fingers.

his girlfriend placed a light kiss on his cheek before saying, "i am also proud of you. i promise i'll be on your art convention too."