Chapter 1 - First Day

Alexander Hamilton watched as his new school slowly came into view: Yorktown High School. It was small and a little rundown, but Alex was excited nonetheless. He had immigrated to the US from a tiny island in the Carribean a few years ago, but he had been homeschooled since he arrived. This was his first real school, so he was determined to make a good impression on his first day.
"Good luck!" his adoptive mother, Martha, called as Alex hopped out of the car. "Be smart! Make me proud, son!" George, his adoptive father called. "Don't call me son," Alex replied jokingly. The "son" thing was sort of an inside joke to them, though where it had come from he had forgotten.
Wow. 11th grade, Alex thought as he walked throught the doors. He was about 30 minutes early, thanks to George's incredible yet sometimes annoyingly strict planning skills, so he decided to explore the campus a bit. When he came across the courtyard, which was really just a pretty small patch of grass with some benches and a scraggly tree, he realized that was where most people who arrived early hung out. He sat down on one of the last open benches and began studying his schedule for the hundreth time.
He looked up as he saw someone approaching. "You're new, right?" the boy asked. "Yeah," Alex responded. "I'm Aaron. And you?" "Alexander, but you can call me Alex." "Well Alex, if you want to survive this hellhole of school, let me offer you some free advice: Talk less. Smile more. Don't let anyone know what you're against or what you're for." "You can't be serious," Alex replied. "You wanna get ahead?" Aaron asked. "Yes," Alex said with no hesitation. He wasn't the type to worry too much about popularity, but he'd rather be the popular kid than the one with no friends. "Well, fools who-" Aaron was cut off as 3 kids pushed him aside.

A/n: yes i just directly quoted aaron burr sir for like an entire paragraph. deal with it lol

"Hey! I'm John!" one of the boys said. "Rule number one of YHS: Don't listen to Burr." His face was covered in freckles and he had curly, dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail. Oh. Oh my gosh he's cute. Uh. Lips not working. He's so cute. Ack. Brain is mush. Freckles... He suddenly realized that he had been awkwardly staring at John for at least 3 seconds and was probably starting to look stupid. "Oh, uh, hi. I'm Alex. Alexander. Hamilton," he stuttered, still a bit flustered. The other boy, stocky and tough-looking, whispered something in John's ear that caused John to playfully shove him away, saying "Shut up," but Alex saw the blush creep up John's cheeks. Aaron took this as his cue to leave, still annoyed about being shoved aside. "Anyway, this is Hercules..." "Wassup," the one who had whispered to John said. "...and Lafayette." 'You can just call me Laf though," they said in a thick French accent that surprised Alex.

another A/n: yes laf uses they/them pronouns. yes i stole that from "messages\\lams"

The four of them continued to chat for a while, mostly about teachers and schedules. "I heard Mr. Lee, the math teacher, is pretty strict," Laf said. "I'll be careful then, because I have his class second." "Really? Me too!" Laurens replied. Herc, as everyone called him, seemed scary and tough on the outside but was actually super sweet. Laf was really sarcastic and funny, but they were sometimes a little hard to understand through their accent. Before Alex knew it, the warning bell rang and it was time to go.
Alex didn't want to admit it, but his crush on Laurens had only gotten bigger after talking to him. However, Alex wasn't 100 percent sure Laurens liked guys, so he decided to try to keep things friendly for now, at least until he knew Laurens better. For all he knew, they could just be trying to be nice to the new kid and they wouldn't talk to him again after the first week. While Alex had never been to a high school, he'd read enough books to know to how high school worked and to know that that was a real possibility. For now, all he could do was wait...

ik this is bad but i wanted to try to write something. im also making this up as i go. i have zero plan for the rest of the book, like how many parts they will be, how long it will take me to get each part out, etc., except that jeffmads, mullette, washingdad (ik that's not a ship but u get what i mean), obviously lams, and maybe meggy and philidosia (as hamilton and burr's younger siblings instead of their kids) are each going to be in here somewhere and it's going to maybe kinda follow the basic plot of the musical but with the ships I just mentioned. if anyone has anymore ship suggestions for me to include then leave a comment. also this took me several hours (im a slow writer ok?) so if you could leave a vote or something i would appreciate it :)