Thank You, Bill

Dipper's POV

It's been two weeks since the last attack, and I've been getting more and more anxious with each day. It's been nice to take a break, but all of Gravity Falls seemed to be paused. I had this unexplainable feeling in my gut that something big was going to happen...

"Derp," Bill stuck out his tongue.

"What?" I chuckled.

"I dunno; you looked mad." He shrugged and went back to his toast. I just rolled my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder. "Something wrong?"

I sighed, "Not a single sighting in two weeks. Doesn't that seem weird to you?"

Bill got up and rinsed his plate, "Maybe a little bit, but I'd rather not jinx us." He laughed and kissed my head. "Don't stress yourself out, we're fine. Now, Ford told me about an alien spaceship that I can train in without holding back, so I'll be gone today. You okay with that?"

"Wha-? Oh, yeah, sure." I poked at my food and waved goodbye half-heartedly. When the door closed behind him, I ran a hand through my hair, feeling worn out. How could I still be losing sleep over this, when I literally have a demon for a boyfriend? I decided to just skip breakfast and made my way to the bathroom.

"Dip-Dip!" Mabel's voice caught me by surprise. Last I heard, she was out with Pacifica. "Bro-bro, I need your help."

Throughout all of this insanity, she's one of the few that has kept me grounded, "What's up, sis?" I smiled.

She put her hand on my shoulder and looked into my eyes with passion. My smile faded when I realized she was serious. "I...need to come up with a ship name for you and Bill." She bit her lip, trying to hold in her laugh, "Oh god, the look on your face is priceless!" She burst out cackling, and I shook my head in mild amusement. "Ah, sorry, I couldn't help it. But, I am serious about finding a ship name. I want to put it in my scrapbook to show our friends back home."

"I see...Well, Bipper doesn't work..." We stared off into the distance and shivered, "Anyway... What about Dipbill?"

"Nah, you're not a top." She shrugged it off, and I couldn't help but take it personally.

"Billdip, it is." I stated deadpan, "Can I go get ready now?"

She beamed and nodded, then ran off to the living room to continue scrapbooking. I made my way upstairs to the bathroom and closed the door. I stared at my reflection, feeling empty. Life has been perfect for two weeks now...Why do I still feel like I'm missing something? Like I'm in danger, or that I should be out there helping somehow? I turned on the water and began undressing for a shower. I stepped in and let the hot water wash over me as I just stood there, lost in thought.

Without warning, the house shook around me. I turned off the water and rushed to put on my clothes. "Mabel! Is it an earthquake?!" I shouted. I grabbed my shirt and ran downstairs. Mabel ran to the bottom of the stairs and looked at me concerned.

"No, it's the pterodactyl. Where's Bill?" She yelled as she ran around the house looking for her grappling hook.

"He's with Grunkle Ford in the spaceship, training." I ran outside and saw the giant dinosaur circling the shack. It was massive, with two sets of wings and prominent fangs. A second one, only a little smaller, followed after it. They both had the same mutations.

Mabel ran out and grabbed my hand. "We have to something." She set off her grappling hook, attaching it to one wing. The beast let out a wild shriek, and Mabel and I flew onto its back. Mabel held on for dear life, but the creature thrashed around, trying to knock us off.

"What do you plan on doing? We don't have Bill! At any moment, it could knock us o-" In a split second, the bird flipped upside down, and I stared in horror as the ground got closer, "OH GOD, I'M GONNA DIE!" I shut my eyes and braced for impact.

"We can't have that, now, can we?" Bill smirked, catching me before I hit the ground. He landed by the porch and set me down, "Sorry I wasn't here sooner, I was working on a new ability. Watch." I caught my balance and watched in amazement as he hovered above the ground. "Cool, huh? Okay, I'll be right back."

He flew up to the beast Mabel was on, and she leaped off with her grappling hook. He then grabbed the neck of the dinosaur and threw it towards the ground. The ground shook, and the younger one screeched. While Bill took care of the larger one, Ford came running towards the smaller one with his stun gun. Mabel walked over to me and put a defeated arm on my shoulder, "Why do we even try?" She sighed as we watched Bill and Ford scare the monsters away.

"Why didn't Bill...?"

"I told him the smaller one is its baby, and he agreed to only frighten them. Hopefully, they don't come back."

Bill picked up the larger one and threw it back into the forest, and I chuckled nervously. The two beasts flew off, crying in agony. Ford dusted himself off, put his gun in his belt, and put his arm around Bill when he landed back down. They chuckled in victory, and I turned back inside. "I'll be in my room," I muttered, and Mabel placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine."

I started making my way inside, but Bill flew over to me and stopped in front of me, "No, you're not. Tell me what's wrong." He pestered.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." I lied. As if he would believe me if I explained my worries.

He cocked his head, "Heard that. Try me. I'm a lot more understanding than you might think."

Hearing him respond to my thoughts took me by surprise. I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. "First, when did you learn how to read minds? Second, I've just been really anxious lately."

"One, for a few days now. Ford told me about it, and I am in love." He chuckled softly and continued. "Two, would you like to talk about it?"

I looked at my feet and sighed, "I don't know. I'm just anxious because... Because everything has been so perfect lately. With us, with taking care of the dinosaurs, with... everything. I'm stressed because I still feel like something is missing, or that I'm not done, or that something big is going to happen." I started to pace around the room, my mind racing with possibilities.

Bill stepped in front of me and stopped me, "You don't have to worry, though. Maybe you're just so used to things not being okay that now you're not used to being able to relax. You're 'normal' has been a series of one problem after another, and now that you're actually able to relax, you're on edge."

I thought about what he said for a second. He practically summed up the last eight years of my life. I was taken aback. "Then... What do I do?"

"Let me take over. Relax. Understand that I have everything taken care of, and that life isn't falling apart at the seams anymore. You're going to be alright, and nothing big is going to happen." He gave me a sincere smile and hugged me tightly. I felt a weight being lifted off of my shoulders, and I melted into his arms.

"Thank you, Bill."

Ipss pz ZVV nhf mvy Kpwwly! :D

(Answer revealed next chapter)