What Happened?

To minimize confusion, this is jumping back to the start of the day. This is what Bill did when Mabel and Dipper were talking in the forest.

Bill's POV

After the phone call, Dipper left in a huff, only letting me know what happened. Mabel left for Pacifica, not caring much about it. Ford, too, didn't see much trouble in pestering Dipper and left for his lab.

When the madness had calmed, I was left all alone with my thoughts. Thoughts that pounded in my head like a sledgehammer to wood. I was drowning in a sea of thoughts that swarmed me like raging wasps. They hung above me like death itself with a scythe to my neck, ready to strike. For hours I stayed like this, tossing and turning in my bed, waiting to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

Before long, I was going insane.

I stormed downstairs and pillaged around for food to drown my sorrows. Instead, I found Ford pounding away at a laptop. "What's gotten into you?"

"I could ask you the same question." He snapped back with a glare.

"Is it about this morning?"

"You know, Dipper can't just storm off like that. Who knows, it could have been about Stanley!" He continued to shout, but I drowned him out to think. Do I tell him? Dipper must have his reasons, but it still doesn't make sense. He needs to know. But at the same time, I'm not exactly the person to tell him. Instead of deciding, I listen to what he has to say. "I mean seriously, we're family! Stanley is my twin brother, and I have the right to know if something happens. Right?"

"He's dead." Why did you tell him?

A deafening silence swarmed the room. With a penetrating glare, Ford stared deep into my soul. I wanted to run, but my feet were glued to the floor. He stood up and took slow, deliberate steps towards me. I was ready for him to continue to shout, this time about me, but Ford only whispers one thing: "Thank you for telling me."

A tear landed on the floor. I chanced a look up at him, and he had a far off look of wishfulness. Perhaps wishing he could have done more to help, could have been there more, could have said goodbye. Now thinking about it, he was Stan's brother. I grabbed his arm before he could leave. "He wanted me to tell everyone that he loves and misses you. I just thought you should know."

"Was there anything else?"

"He said that the funeral shouldn't be sad, but a celebration. And, if this is what you were asking about, he couldn't stop talking about you. All he remembered about his life had you in it. There's no doubt in my mind that he loved you." I came up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder. "We're going to get through this."

"Thank you, it means a lot." He turned to me and smiled. "I think I finally see what Dipper sees in you. You're not so bad after all."

I smiled in return, slightly caught off guard. I always had the impression that he wanted nothing to do with me. Now, it was as if a cloud had lifted between us. "Thank you. I know we didn't start off on the right foot, but you seem like a very kind person. I-"

Before I knew what was happening, I was on the ground in tears. My head pounded in complete distress. I couldn't hear anything besides an agonizing ringing in my ears. Numb with pain, I closed my eyes to scream, but I did not see the backs of my eyelids. I saw, in perfect clarity, Dipper and Mabel from an ariel view. I saw Dipper on the ground bleeding, with Mabel running from a large beast. The image only lasted for a moment, long enough for me to see where they were before I was returned to reality. The ringing in my ears went away, as well as the pain, and I was back on the floor of the Mystery Shack kitchen with Ford's arm around me.