part 3

5 year later

Kol pov

Today is Ruby's and hope's birthday they 11 and as usella my waste of space brother had managed to forget that he had twins not just hope and I had enough of his bullshit so I went looking for him and found him sat one the sofa with a glass of bourbon in one hand and the other was around hope while hope read a book that looked oddly formula so I ask hope "where did you get that book?" she looks up at me as if butter wouldnt melt and replied with "I got it out of rubys room uncle kol" when she said that Klaus didnt even bat an eye lid.

"can you go and give it back to her I know she been looking for it and would be happy to have it back" she got off the sofa and stomped off to give the book back. Once she was out the room I looked at Klaus and asked what he got the twins for the birthday to which he responded by listing off lots of thing that I know ruby would love how many of those thing are for ruby what he said in response angered me beyond reason "none what has she done to deserve them" and in the blink of an eye I had him pinned against the wall but I was pulled off but Elijah and Rebeca Elijah shouted "what are you going today is hopes birthday and I will not let you spoil it."

"what is wrong with you all what about ruby you know the other daughter who you all forget. Have any of you even know that she isnt here or that every birthday since she was 6 she gose to marcel and we have a party for her" they all looked dumbstruck.

"I bet you wouldnt even know what to get her would you. Ill tell you Elijah she loves to read and has wanted you to buy her one book to show you care or Rebeca she has quite the eye for clothing and would love a new leather jacket just like the red one you have and lastly Klaus ,shes going to be mad at me for this but do you know she is an amazing artist far better than hope or that she used to sneck in to the art room then you would just to watch and learn how to paint just like her dad or how about the painting you would get every fathers day of all of us that you would give hope the praise for while ruby sat the heart broken. One last thing did you really look at the paint she wasnt in one of them because she know you didnt see as family how can you do that to her" by the time I had finished my speech they all look quite taken aback but not like they had seen the error if theyer ways so I did the only thing that made any sence I vamp speed up to rubys room packed all her stuff up and took it to marcels place over the river much to marcels surprise as he handnt expected me here until later with ruby for her birthday party. "what are you doing here so early and were is ruby you know she cant be left there on her own" as quite as I could I said "I know so I have decided that today is the day she finally get to be were she should be with here true family so what do you say feel having ruby full time" then a smile appeared in marcels face know that she could finaly be happy in a place were she is loved.