"So what class do you have now? Because I have history, and history is not my strongest point. I mean why do we need to learn about dead people, they are dead?" Hunter seems to be a very nice guy,and those blue eyes, I could get lost in them.

"I also have history now,and I like history,and besides the saying:those who don't learn history are bound to repeat it." Why did I say that,I mean I hate history and seriously those who don't learn history are bound to repeat it.

Literally everyone was staring at us walking, let me tell you what was going through their heads.

Oh my God! Did you see him?
Who is the girl walking with him?
Isn't she the one who Charlie invited last week to his party?
How did she get the attention of 2 of the most hot boys in our school?

Hunter seemed to have heard the whispers going around us because he turned to glare at the others. Then he turned to me.

"Why are they looking at us like as if we are some type of an alien species that do not belong together?" I promise you I was turning beet red when he said the word 'together'. Urgh,I hate hormones.

We pass by Charlie, and he walks up to me,but then he sees Hunter and he freezes and you can see rage in his eyes,I look at Hunter and he has a smile on,but this smile was different,this one had a sinister feel to it.

"Charlie are you okay?" He seems so lost in his rage.

"Umm,yeah,sorry,I'll talk to you later." He just leaves without saying anything else.

Charlie has history classes with me but he didn't show, Hunter on the other hand was acting like as if our little encounter with Charlie did not happen. The rest of the day goes by normally, although during break,both Hunter and Charlie were missing. We are sitting in our usual table, with Millie talking about the 'new' guy,saying that people have been saying that he is extremely hot.

"I saw him on Friday night!" Shit,I didn't tell her about this.

"You what? Why didn't you tell me anything?" I take a deep breath and tell her everything exactly how it happened.

"You told him you need to pee!" She was literally laughing her ass off.

"Seriously, from the whole story, that is the only thing you picked up?" I still can't believe I actually asked Hunter that,if he had to bring that up right now, I would probably die of embarrassment.

After the bell rings,everyone goes back to classes and Millie is still laughing, I manage to calm her down and she goes,she is going ho.e early because her family is going somewhere or something, so I will have to catch the bus home.
I didn't see Hunter or Charlie the whole day afterwards and it feels like as if everyone knows who I am, I think it's kinda creepy, I mean don't people have lives to worry about.

I was able to catch the bus home and get home,the moment I enter my house the smell of freshly baked apple pie and chocolate chip cookies hit my nose,I go to the kitchen and my mom looks extremely busy. She looks like she might be cooking for the army.

When she realizes that I am standing there, she gives me a cookie to taste,and they melt in my mouth.

"Mom these taste amazing!" I try to get more, but my mom smacks my hand away with a cloth.
"Thanks sweetie!" My mom had always been a nice Baker,but she doesn't bake often,nor does she ever bake this much.
"So why exactly are you cooking for the army?"
"Your father's old friend is back in town,so your father has invited him over. And you need to go shower miss,we are having guests tonight." She pushes me out of the kitchen.

I showered and decided to read for a while when my mom calls me downstairs. As I was going down I caught a glimpse of the guests and I missed a step and fell, great,I sure do know how to embarrass myself. I look up and Charlie was standing with his hand extended.

"Are you okay?" He looks much calmer than before.
"Yeah,I'm fine!" And with everyone staring at me,u was turning red. Until my mom said that the adults should go to the kitchen and us 'children' should chatt here. When the adults left there was a deafening silence between us.

"Please let us explain!" Charlie decided to start the conversation but was failing miserably at it.
"Go ahead Charlie, tell her about our life story." Hunter sounds so cold compared to earlier.

"We need you to promise that you won't tell anyone about this,please?" A part of me really wants to know their story but another one is yelling at me,telling me to ignore it and pretend I didn't hear anything.

"Okay,I promise I won't tell anyone. "I am so going to regret this. Charlie starts the story and Hunter filled in here and there.

Apparently Charlie's father had passed away 9 years ago and in a car accident and Hunter's parents got divorced. About 3 years ago when Charlie and his mom went to New York, she met Hunter's father and they started going out,now they moved here because their parents wanted a much calmer lifestyle.
They do not want the whole school to know about it because in a few months they would be going to separate colleges and hopefully never see each other again.

I didn't know how to react to their story so all I did was stand there and stare at them, thank God for my mom's perfect timing because she came and called us to go eat.

The whole dinner was awkward for us,the adults were busy chatting, us 'children' like my mom said, were trying not to be awkward and trying to have fun but ended up avoiding each other's eyes.

After the Collins/Eastwoods left, I helped my parents clear the table then went upto bed.
I changed and collapsed on my bed and thought about tomorrow,I know that tomorrow is going to be terrible,because first of all, I suck at lying especially to Millie,she can see right through me.

And second, after the past week's events,people do nothing but stare at me,putting me in the centre of attention and I hate being in the spotlight. I want to wake up tomorrow and pretend that today was just a dream.

××××××××××××××

So hey guys !

What do you think of the 2nd chapter?

And I am currently working on the cover

And do not forget to vote or comment

humyyussuf❤