Chapter 4: The start

DRACO POV

It had been a week since the year started. My situation hadn't gotten any better. Aunt Bella had somehow found out about my cutting and the anorexia. She was angry out of her mind. I actually ended up feeling worse, because I knew she was the real victim. She had been brainwashed; Voldemort had her under a strong potion and made her believe that he was doing the greater good. I felt like I was in a pit of darkness because I wasn't brainwashed. I just was scared. Fucking scared. I was--- no am such a coward. 

"Hey, Deatheater!" cam a voice, and I snapped out of my thoughts. I turned to see two Ravenclaws walking towards me.

"My sister died because of you!" one of them said as he punched my gut. I grunted but didn't retaliate or do anything. Then came a kick and I ended up on the floor. I didn't do anything because I knew I deserved it.

Once they were done, they left me there. I lay there for a few minutes and closed my eyes. And I felt myself drift into the darkness. And I felt myself indulge in a black river. And I can't remember anything else.

HARRY POV

"Mate!" Ron said. 

"Yeah?" I looked up to see him smirking. He handed me my cloak and I smirked myself. I had handed him the cloak so that he could spy on Malfoy. We both wanted him to feel broken, really broken. "You find anything?" I asked.

"Turns out, he likes you." He stated, looking disgusted. 

"Who likes Harry?" Hermione walked into the common room. 

"Malfoy likes him," Ron replied and Hermione gasped.

"So?" she asked.

"This is perfect," I said. "we can prank him!" I was overjoyed at the thought of a broken Malfoy.

"What do you mean prank him?" Hermione asked.

"Well, Harry asks him to be his boyfriend. Then, breaks his heart after a month or two!" Ron gleamed like a child who was given a present.

"Don't you think that's going a little too far?" Hermione asked her tone a little disapproving.

"Nope," I popping the 'p'.

"What if he gets really hurt?" Hermione asked.

"Come on, this is Malfoy we are talking about. He would just have a good laugh with us and go back to being snide." Ron tried to convince.

"Don't take things too far," Hermione said and plopped on the seat beside me. Which just happened to be Ron. Ron wrapped his arms around Hermione's waist.

"How do we do it though?" I asked. 

"Well, first you can start by being friends. Then you can slowly ask him to date you," Hermione said. "But, please don't take things too far." 

"Ok, I'll start today!" I said and got up. "Let's head for dinner."

"Right," Hermione and on got up. We got out of the common room and went for dinner.

"So, I'll go and sit with Malfoy," I informed the couple and they nodded. Hermione shot me a pleading look before she headed to the other side of the hall. I scanned the room for Malfoy and caught a glimpse of him. I headed over to his table and sat in the empty beside him.

"Hey, Malfoy." I greeted him sounding as genuine as I could. He quickly lifted his head up and looked at me. He looked scared? 

"P-Potter?" He stuttered. I never thought I would see this day. 

"Yeah. So, how are you?" I asked giving him a smile.

"I am good," He returned the smile. The smile held no malice like it used to. It wasn't genuine either. It was watery and wobbly. 

"So, do you wanna work on the DADA assignment together?" I asked. I felt Pansy'd eyes drilling into my head but ignored them. 

"W-why?" He asked. His voice. It was so shaky, I would've thought he was scared if it wasn't Malfoy. I shrugged to answer his question.

"Sure. I would love to," He brightened. I felt a little funny feeling in my chest, I shrugged it off as hatred as seeing him smile. (A/N: yeah right. lol).

"Great! What time?" I asked.

"Mhhh. How about today in the comment room after lunch?" I asked.

"Sure, after lunch. But, how about in the room of requirements instead?" 

"Sure!" he beamed. I felt that funny feeling and I returned the smile. 

"Dray you should eat," Parkinson said. And I suddenly realized that Malfoy's plate was empty. Malfoy shot Pansy a glare and excused himself. I was so confused. Why wasn't he eating?

_______

I am SO comfussled.

I have literally no idea how to write my story even though I know the basic outline.

However, please vote and comment!

~Keaun143