CHAPTER 4 ✨

I jolted awake due to a sudden power outage, drenched in sweat. Frustration washed over me as I realized my backup inverter had failed for the second time this month. I grabbed my phone from the coffee table, knowing there was still enough battery life. Plugging in my earphones, I hastened upstairs, enveloping myself in the euphonious embrace of the music.

Music is the ocean that pulls me into joy.
Music is the beat that electrifies my soul.
Music is the remedy that soothes my mind.
Music is the muse that guides me through.
Music is the melody that lifts me up.
Music is the language that speaks to me.
Music is the friend that stays forever.

Our balcony extended from the walls of the house like the generous arms of a mother hugging her baby. Despite its concrete square edges and a rusty rail, it remained my sanctuary. I surrendered to the wind's melody, letting its rhythm liberate the emotions imprisoned within me, discovering both the lock and the key.

In the distance, I watched a young boy bravely navigating his bicycle, determined to conquer the skill on his own. Reflecting on my own childhood, I remembered how my dad supported me, steadying the bike as I pedaled with all my might. Despite his guidance, I still faltered at times, meeting the unforgiving concrete beneath me.

The right mix of fear and resilience can be like a forge, shaping us into stronger individuals. Fear, when not overwhelming, keeps us aware of our surroundings and potential risks. It's a reminder to tread carefully. But it's resilience, the ability to bounce back from setbacks, that truly strengthens us. It's like a muscle that grows with each challenge we overcome.

Spotting the kid struggling with his bicycle, I quickly descended from my terrace and offered my assistance, which he eagerly accepted. The spark in his bright eyes and his uncombed hair spoke of unwavering determination. I pushed the cycle while he pedaled with gusto, challenging me to keep up. He turned around occasionally, checking to see if I was still in tow.

As we traversed through the narrow rocky trails, a surly street dog, with patchy fur and a curved tail like a coat hanger, displayed its gleaming teeth. Its aggressive barking signaled potential trouble. Instructing the boy to stop, my words fell on deaf ears, and the irritable dog resolved to chase the mischievous cyclist.

High above the evening traffic fumes, the dark clouds danced like dew upon leaves. As I observed the menacing dog with a diabolical glint in its eyes, the novice cyclist transformed into an unexpected virtuoso. With meticulous precision, he travelled through the tricky turns. In this unexpected spectacle, the dog's tenacity waned, and it conceded defeat, bestowing upon the fearless kid the title of the little star.

Caught in an unexpected sprint, my exhausted body yearned for a revitalizing shower. At that critical juncture, I saw a troop of girls jogging like a whirlwind. That's when I laid eyes on her, the girl who had inhabited my dreams. It felt as if a daydream had woven its way into reality.

Brimming with joy, I entertained the idea of raising both my hands, to halt the whirlwind. However, as the group of joggers drew nearer, nervousness took hold, transforming my grand gesture into a hesitant response. Her hair shimmered under the sunlight, casting a hypnotic spell on me. I was captivated like an astronaut enchanted by a celestial beauty.

Drenched in sweat, her light-green hoodie applauded the effort she put into her strides. Just as the jogging troop was on the verge of overtaking me, I summoned the courage to drop a casual "Hey!"

In response, she signalled her friends to continue their jog without her and made her way towards me. She greeted, "Hello Jaikar! Are you into fitness too?"

"Yes, um my favorite exercise is -stretching my hand to snag the remote," I remarked with a chuckle. Leaning back, I casually rolled up my sleeves, revealing my forearms, streaked with visible veins. "This works wonders for my wrists!"