Chapter 16

Dabi set the bowl down and looked at you, smiling slightly, "It's good."

Your eyes lit up as those words left his mouth, "R-really? You think it's good?"

Dabi nodded slightly, looking down at the food. He took another bite and you felt your heart rate increase.

I've never cooked for anyone before! He likes it! I'm glad...

You looked back up at Dabi. When you first met this man, he was cold and distant, now he's eating your ramen and complimenting you! You smiled brightly, he's changed, in a good way, and it's because of you!

You looked down to your own bowl of food and began eating some. It wasn't exactly how mom made it, but it was pretty close, considering you didn't have that actual recipe.

After about an hour of eating, Dabi decided to leave.

Before he made it to the door you ran up to him and grabbed his sleeve. "Um... You'll stay for dinner next week, right?" you asked nervously.

Dabi looked down at you and thought for a moment. "Yeah, sure. Any time."

You smiled brightly, "Okay! I'll see you in a week!"

He nodded and left, lightly closing the door behind him.

You walked over to the couch and sat down. He already agreed to have dinner with me when he brings groceries... Why did I ask again? He must think I'm weird for asking so much...

You sighed slightly, flopping to the side. You pulled one of the throw pillows close to you and hugged it tightly. You yawned softly, closing your eyes and slowly drifting off to sleep

A few weeks later, Dabi had stayed for dinner every week and you had made him something different each time. The two of you warmed up to each other a lot more, and it really felt like you had become good friends, maybe even... more than friends.

You swung open the door to let Dabi in, smiling brightly. "I missed you!" you exclaimed happily.

Dabi looks at you. He didn't smile. Odd... he usually at least gave you a small smile..

Dinner was already waiting on the table, as you had enough ingredients from last week to make what you wanted.

Dabi set the groceries on the counter and sat in front of his plate. You watched his movements, wondering why he hasn't said anything to you. Was he mad..? Did you do something wrong?

Dinner was awkward. You tried to start up a conversation, but all he would reply with was; huh, and mhm.

There seemed to be something on his mind... Something that was troubling him. But what could it be? What could be so bad that he couldn't even talk to you?

You felt a little angry and stopped trying to talk to him. You took his plate before he was completely finished and tossed the left over food in the trash.

You looked back at him before starting the dishwasher. He was staring at you, and he seemed a little shocked.

"I... I was still eating that!" he protested, standing up

"And I was talking to you. But that didn't matter, did it?" you took a deep breath and turned back to the sink, placing the dishes in the washer. You could feel your eyes tearing up, and you didn't want to look at him.

Dabi didn't say anything, he lowered his gaze and sighed slightly.

You took a deep breath and turned to him, trying to hold back your tears. "D-did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me? Just... tell me what I did..."

No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't stop yourself from crying. You looked down as tears rolled down your cheeks, clouding your vision, and dripping onto your shirt.

Dabi felt a huge pain in his chest. It killed him to know that he was doing this to you. "I've been thinking about today all week... What I would say to you.." he said softly. "Even now I still can't find a way to put it into words..."

You looked up to see Dabi walk over to the front door and open it. He just stood there looking down and you felt your heart slow.

You knew exactly what he meant. He was letting you leave.

Your eyes widened and you took a step forward, a bit hesitant to go.

"Why... Why are you letting me go? Why after all this time? Why now?"

Dabi looked up at you. He had his same blank expression, but now it seemed slightly sad. "I don't think I can keep you here, not against your will. Please.. Just go. Make this easier on me, and go home, go to your friends."

You didn't hesitate this time, you ran right past Dabi, through to forest, and onto a busy street. You knew this street, this was the road you took to the grocery store when you first met Dabi. You were so close to UA.

You wanted to see your mom and dad, but... they lived a few cities over... You'd have to take a train in the morning.

You wiped the tears off your face and started walking up. You were already breathing heavily from running through the forest and you wanted to catch your breath. You didn't even know what time it was... everyone could be asleep.

You saw the top of the building and started walking faster. You couldn't wait to sleep in your own bed again, knowing that you're safe and your friends are around you.

As you turned the corner you could hear someone outside. You looked up to see your favorite green boy hunched over. He was facing away from you...

It looked like he had been training all night... he must be tired...

Your heart was beating louder and louder with each step you took. Your throat felt tight, and your eyes started to burn. You felt a tear roll down your cheek as you started running towards him.

Deku turned around the moment you threw your arms around his torso. He looked down at you, shocked. "WH-WHO ARE YO-"

He froze when he looked down to see your (h/l) (h/c) hair. Everyone was inside sleeping... You were the only person he knew who could be hugging him right now.

You sobbed into his shirt as he placed his hands on your shoulders "(y/n)..? Is... is that you?"

You looked up at him, still crying. His eyes widened to see your (e/c) eyes looking back up at him.

"Oh my god... it really is you... you're- you're actually back! And you're okay! Oh my god!"

You smiled slightly through your tears laughing a bit "I missed you so much!"

He smiled, hearing your voice. It's been months since he last heard it. "I missed you too! I missed you so much! I was so lost without you!"

You smiled hearing Deku ramble on and on. You missed this.

"I- I didn't know if I could get through it! I love you! God, I love you so much! I'm in love with you (y/n)!"