Chapter 20

The two of you started walking to the train.

It was mostly awkward silence at first. No one said anything. You were okay with this, just being around Todoroki made you feel safe.

Finally, you broke the silence. "Hey... Todoroki?"

He glanced up at you.

"How did everyone react when I didn't come back with Bakugou..?"

Todoroki slowly looked back down. "When Bakugou came back without you..? There... was a lot of crying. People barely spoke to each other for a few days. Midoriya didn't show up to extra training, and he barely paid attention in class."

You stared at the ground. Your absence did that to Izu? You honestly thought being a hero was all that mattered to him...

"Speaking of..." Todoroki said, breaking you from your thoughts, "I noticed that Midoriya was tense around you, and you two barely spoke... Why is that?"

"Oh look! We're here! Right on time!" You shouted, quickly changing the subject. You didn't really want to talk about Izu's confession. You still felt really bad about it...

Todoroki nodded slightly and stepped onto the train, turning back to you and waiting for you to get on. You followed after him and the two of you immediately started looking for a seat.

People being too close to you honestly scared you, and Todoroki was aware of that, so he found two seats in the back of the bus where it was mostly empty. You took the window seat and happily gazed outside as the train started to move.

Todoroki looked at the floor. He wanted to ask you about Izu again but wasn't sure if you genuinely didn't hear him, or if you were purposely changing the subject.

You remembered the gift Aoyama gave you and decided to open it. You carefully untied the bow and pulled back the paper, under that was a sheet of white wrapping paper. You carefully pulled that back to reveal..! Cheese? Inside the gift were exactly 10 large pieces of cheese and a picture of Aoyama blowing the camera a kiss.

You couldn't help but laugh. Seeing as this was from Aoyama, it was probably a serious gift, but you just couldn't hold back a giggle.

Todoroki looked up at you, wondering what was so funny. You showed him what Aoyama gave you and he smiled.

"Would you like some?" You asked, holding a piece out to him. He nodded and took it from you.

You were kinda hungry, and that cheese was looking pretty good.. So you decided to eat some too.

"I'm in love with Midoriya." Todoroki said, monching on his cheese.

You choked. You slammed your fist into your chest, desperately trying to get the cheese out of your airway.

Eventually, you spit it up into your hand, "WHAT!?"

He glanced at you, "I'm in love with Midoriya."

"I- I heard you. F-for how long? Why? How much do you love him? How the hell did I not know about this?" you questioned, pouting a bit.

He sighed, "Well... I'm not sure... I'm not sure how much I love him, I don't really know why... I think... I love him a lot. And you didn't know about it because I never told you.

You just stared at him blankly. You honestly never expected this... You were fucking SHOOK.

Todoroki went back to eating his stick of cheese. You looked down, feeling horribly guilty.

Todoroki is in love with Izu... Izu confessed to me! Should I tell him...? I have to tell him! I could never live with myself if I didn't tell him...

"Hey... Um... Todoroki?" you spoke quietly.

"Yes?" he responded.

"Earlier... You asked me why Izuku and I weren't talking. That's... because.. Izuku confessed to me! The moment I got home! And I never expected it, and I'm pretty sure he was being serious, and I'm so sorry!"

Todoroki didn't move, he didn't look at you, he didn't take another bite of cheese, "Oh..."

"But I rejected him! I don't feel the same way, and we aren't together..."

Todoroki looked up at you with the saddest smile. "I know. Before the training camp, he would talk to me about how much he liked you... You were his favorite thing to talk about, he always wished he had the courage to confess..."

"I'm... so sorry..." you looked down, feeling absolutely horrible...

You leaned against the window, wondering how Dabi would react if you told him about this. When you were still there you would occasionally rant to him about the drama that happened before the camp. He would just nod along and pretend to be interested. It was so cute...

Wait a minute. Why are you thinking about Dabi? He finally let you go like- less than two days ago!

You shook your head slightly, trying to get rid of the thoughts.

You sighed. This was gonna be a long trip... With not getting much sleep, thinking of Dabi, sad Todoroki, and a picture of Aoyama making a kissy face on your lap.

You yawned softly as you watched everything fly by as the train moved. You slowly closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep.

A/N: What's that? An author unhealthily ignoring the things she loves? :0   AND NOW SHE'S BACK!? :000

Really sorry about the long break y'all, but I'm (hopefully) here to stay!

Recently I've uploaded a oneshots book. It only has the suggestion page up and it'll probably be like that for a while (until I finish this fanfic and the next one I'm currently working on) but it would mean a lot to me if y'all could leave some suggestions!

Have a lovely day/night and I'll see you next week!