12. Christmas Miracle

Start from the beginning

"Okay, how about we just take it easy." Finn says to her when she finally lets go.

"I have no idea how to do that." She seethes.

Wells sits up and takes the bottle for Finn and take a big gulp of it, trying to forget the cruel words she's just said to him. His hand still loosely cradles mine.

"So, we having fun yet?" Bea mumbled.

I let out a breathy laugh to fill the silence. I quickly grabbed the bottle of whiskey from Wells and take another drink. Finn looks over at me but I try to avoid eye contact, I tried to do it discreetly but he noticed. He always notices.

"You're still mad at me." He states, I roll my eyes at the obvious fact.

"Thanks for the observation Captain obvious." I say giving a salute.

"Lacey, seriously? Just because you didn't like what I said?"

"It's not that I didn't like it!" I say feeling rage bubble up inside, "It's what you said. And not to mention the fact you're giving up on him. How could you?"

            "You seem to be getting pretty emotional over someone you just met a few days ago."

            "You're a dick." I spat.

            "Where the hell is this coming from? Just because I said those things about Jasper? It's true!"

            "It's not true!" I yell, heaving deep breaths, suppressing the memories that wanted to surface, "He is going to be okay. I know he will be."

            "There's more to this, I know you." He says in a softer tone, "What the hell is going on?"

            "A lost cause, as good as dead, already dead, a bother, depressing - " I begin listing.

            "What are you - "

            "Those are all the words people have used to describe Jasper in the last few days. Do any of those sound familiar?"

            He stared deeply into my eyes, not sure what I was asking. He was searching for an answer, I could tell by the way his brows were sown together, how he squinted his eyes, and how his mouth dropped open slightly. That was his confused face.

            "Have you ever heard those words describe someone else?" I ask in a serious tone.

            Clarke looked down at her hands remembering the conversation we had not that long ago. Bea and Wells both watched intently not sure what I was getting at. Finn felt the same but he searched my eyes differently than the other two did.

"Me." I sigh, "That's me."

I notice the even more confused look on Finn's face appear. Wells and Bea both share a similar look before looking back to Finn and I.

"What do you mean? That's not you. You are so much more than that-"

"Not to everyone on the Ark." I say cutting him off.