***

When the police team gets to the company, I go with the team going to the apartment. I don't know why, I just have a suspicion that she's going to be there. The rest of the group head back to the dorm, Seokjin promising me that he'll look after the others. I don't know what Mono wants with me, but I'm not taking any chances that they wont try and go after the members as well.

I have never hated a car drive more, with my heart pounding hard in my chest, mind going into overdrive.

What if I get there and she's not there?

I clasp my hands together, gripping them tightly. I can't stop the feelings and doubts flooding me. The depressive thoughts are almost a tidal wave in my exhausted brain, threatening to smother any flickers of hope I have.

What if I get there and it's too late?

I have to distract myself, so I look out of the car window, counting the people as we pass by. It helps to get my mind off what's to come, dulling it only slightly. I'm still tense by the time we pull up to the apartment block.

The officer in charge hurries everyone out, one of them handing me a bulletproof vest.

"Just in case." He says.

And then it begins. We walk into the building, officers surrounding me in a tight circle, hands all on the holsters at their hips. We take the stairs, going at a steady pace to the floor we think she's on. Once we reach it, they push the door open onto the hallway and we move quickly towards the apartment door. Everyone assembles silently by the door, guns now out. My heart beat is so frantic now, I'm scared it'll rip itself out of my chest. My hands are clammy, my mind foggy and muscles tensed as the door is pushed open and officers fill the room, checking for any signs of Mono. But my vision narrows and my heart explodes when I see her.

I push my way into the room, ignoring everyone's attempts to stop me, as I run towards my soulmate. Ash's body is limp, tied to a simple dining chair, her head hanging forwards. I rush around the chair and crouch down in front of her, lifting one hand up to her face, the other going straight to her neck. I let out a small sigh of relief when I feel a slightly weak, but still there pulse.

"J-Joon...?" Ash's voice comes out feeble and quiet. She moves her head up slowly, ocean eyes blinking open wearily. They widen when she notices my hand on her cheek and I watch silently as she nestles her face into my hand.

"Joonie." She breathes out breathlessly, "You're here. You're actually here."

I lift my other hand up to her face and lean up, so that our foreheads touch gently. Her eyes flutter closed at this, a small smile gracing her lips.

"Of course I'm here. It's you and me for the rest of our lives, remember? I'm never going to abandon you." I say softly and then hear a loud slam fill the room.

My body stills as the team surrounds us quickly, their guns all pointing to the door. I look up, to see a familiar face, one which sends a flurry of anger coursing through my body. I let go of Ash's face and rise to my feet, pushing my way forwards, through the protective shield of officers.

"You." I say, fury lining my voice.

"Hello again." Henry's voice is taunting and slimy, just how I remember it, "Did you guess it was me? Judging by your expression, you didn't. I thought you were supposed to be the smart one in BTS, but evidently not."

I let him continue.

"Did you know that Ash was talking to two of your members behind your back? She even went into one of their rooms when you were asleep and held hands with the other, yet you still believe that she loves you and belongs to you?"