Truth ~ Leo

I jogged up towards Nico, who was sitting on the porch of the big house. Smiling, I moved towards him.

"Hey," I said.

"Fuck off," his voice was sharp and cold, no emotion in it. No anger, just wanting me to leave.

"Woah, I just came to tell you something. Calm down Neeks," I tried to lighten the mood and make him smile. He had always hated that nickname and would roll his eyes with a smile when I called him that.

He didn't roll his eyes and smile. Instead he just repeated what he had said before, "fuck the hell off, Valdez,"

"I'm trying to tell you something to save your life. Just listen to me for one moment!" I said, my voice rising.

"If I recall, when I saved your life you said to fuck off so I'm returning the favor,"

"Nico, just listen to me," I pleaded

"No, why should I waste my time on a screw up? A disappointing villain posing as a hero? A coward? Why should I waste my time on you, Valdez?"

"Calm down, Cuz," Percy said, appearing from behind me.

"I'm not your cousin," Nico glared. "But fine. I'll let you tell me whatever the hell you want for a few moments,"

"Chaos is evil," I blurted out, causing Nico to snort.

"Yeah right. Chaos just told me that you were the enemy and I think I'm gonna believe him. He's never lied to me before," Nico said, annoyed.

"Really, because didn't he say that you and Will were soulmates? You have to know something, you knew me before, you said so yourself,"

"I could've hated you," Nico growled.

"But you didn't!" I yelled, exasperated, "that's the thing! Nico, you loved me. You still love me. You saved me for a reason. You swore you would be back so come back,"

Nico stood up and became eye level with me, "listen Valdez, I will only say this once. I don't love. I didn't swear to you. And the only reason I saved you was because I didn't know you were the enemy,"

"I'm giving you a chance here," I said.

"A chance to what?"

"A chance to come back to me. I knew you were coming back, I could feel your hope and knew you were there. But ever since you've gotten here, it feels like your dead. And I don't want you dead. Wether you like it or not Will Solace is not your soulmate, I am!"

Nico grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine, kissing softly before pulling away. "Is that what you wanted? Me to kiss you and it would make me remember because I felt love or whatever. Well guess what Valdez, I felt nothing and I sure as hell don't remember,"

His glare intensified, "there is nothing you could ever say or do that would make me love you. I feel nothing for you. There is nothing standing in my way from killing you because you are nothing,"

Nico grabbed a megaphone that was conveniently located on he porch, "Leo Valdez is the enemy,"

Yeah, that was three days ago and I barely managed to survive in the woods. I wish Percy would come, he'd have a plan, he always had some sort of a plan.

But when he did came, it scared me. I was bent down looking at my ankle which I had twisted when he found me.

"Percy," I smiled. Percy didn't smile back, and then I realized. "Your with them. Why?"

"Your evil. It's the only thing that make sense,"

"No. You know I'm not evil. Your fatal flaw is loyalty, you wouldn't turn on me,"

"Who says I was loyal to you?" He spat. But there wasn't hatred in his sea green eyes, more of mischief.

"Your not gonna turn me in, you don't have the guts," I egged him on.

Percy smirked. "Remember Nicos promise, Valdez,

He turned towards the rest of the woods, "he's here!"

But why would he remind me of Nicos promise? That had nothing to do with this, it was a promise of being back.

And Percy would be back to help, both with this fiasco and with the Nico thing.