Healing ~ Nico

I swear on the river Styx.

That was burned into his skin. He had burned the last words he thought I said into his flesh. Did I even say it to him?

No. Of course not. Chaos wouldn't just lie to me about that. This boy was probably just a figment of my imagination that the fates decided to create and torture me with.

Yeah. That had to be it.

But why did it feel like I knew him for years? And why did I feel like I had to save him?

Whatever it was, the moment he closed his eyes to die, I felt like I was dying too. I raised my hands over him and watched black magic flow around him.

His chest slowly started to rise and fall, and I felt his heart start to beat again. Letting out a sigh, I picked his surprisingly light body up bridal style and carried him towards the hospital.

The moment I set him down, I felt tired. Saving him had taken everything out of me and I saw black spots dancing in my vision.

I summoned skeletons after skeletons, stabbing anyone who came close to me. Everyone else had people with them, yet I was alone.

Hazel didn't give me a second glance, fighting back to back with frank. Piper would charm the monsters when they got too close to Jason, Annabeth and Percy fought side by side without letting the other get hurt.

The only person I would want to be with was across the battle field and didn't even realize I loved him. I glanced over to where he was.

Gaia was staring at him, a wicked grin on her face. I sprinted over, heading her talk. "I am going to enjoy this so much Leo Valdez,"

Leo let out a few shaky breaths and clutched his ribs, where a huge gash was already.

Gaia was about to kill the person I loved, and I knew I had to do something. With all the rage I had, I moved and stabbed Gaia.

Percy looked at me and nodded, allowing me to run to Leo as he finished off the earth mother. I ran towards Leo and picked him up into my arms.

He gave a small smile ""hey death breath," he choked out.

I looked at him with tears. "Don't you dear die on me, Valdez,"

"I'm sorry," he said, "but it's fine. I don't matter anyways,"

"Don't say that. Your the only person I care about,"

His eyes closed and I watched him stop breathing. His heartbeat came to a stop, and I let out a few soft subs.

I lifted my eyes and watched black magic glow around Leo as his eyes sprang open to see

"Nico, stop," he choked out, "you don't need to do this,"

"But I do,"

"Why?"

"Because I-I love you, okay?"

I had said that so easily it almost seemed fake, like a fanfiction written by a thirteen year old girl who has a serious issue with the Peter Johnson series.

When I woke up, I was in the same room as Leo and the blond boy chaos said I would be with was standing over me.

"Hi, I'm will solace," he smiled. "Your Nico di Angelo, right?"

"You know me," I stated simply, "chaos says we were soulmates. So don't act like you don't know me,"

"I-um. Yeah, I knew you. But I-I," he started, sitting down on my bed, "yeah. I'm not gonna make this weirder that it needs to be. I knew you, and I knew you really well,"

I moved closer to him, "how close were we?"

"Very,"

I brought my lips up to his and kissed him softly, smiling as he kissed back for a small moment before making an excuse and leaving.

Leo was looking at me when I glanced over, and I knew he had seen this whole thing. I tried to give a small smile, "I'm glad your okay,"

"Why? It's not like you care anyways,"  he snapped. I opened my mouth to protest, but he cut me off. "No. Just go to hell and leave me alone. Go be off with your new boyfriend,"

"Wait a second," I stopped him, "new boyfriend?"

"Yeah. You made a promise to me and not Will. But it's not like that matters anyways. So just leave me the hell alone. I have to go talk to your little boss and see what he did with Nico. The real Nico. My Nico,"